Forthcoming gigs.

My first gig after the Covid lockdown palaver looks like being The Long Ryders in January at Under The Bridge (venue at Stamford Bridge). Saw them there a few years ago and Roman Abramovich was wandering around ourside and came in for part of the gig.ehich was bizarre - Stewart Lee was there too.

Had the charlatans last wednesday, James / Happy Mondays tonight.

Did you see the Mondays, what sort of form was Shaun in? Nice 9 song hits set they're doing.

Inconsiderate bastard ;)
Were The Charlatans any good? Going to see them on Thursday.

Got an Oasis tribute tomorrow at the Saltgrass.

Went to see the Libertines last night. The older I get the more I dislike people. One gig a yearers especially. Anyhow, loved them 20 year ago, grew out of them a bit. The sound wasn’t great, Pete Doherty is a reet fatty now, but they were alright.
It's amazing what no drugs can do for you.

I was at The Libertines last night too, left before the end, seen them a few times before, dont think I'd go again, completely lost their edge...and I agree, PD looks like Oliver Hardy these days.
I did enjoy a couple of their support acts mind- The Dead Freight were excellent.

I was at The Libertines last night too, left before the end, seen them a few times before, dont think I'd go again, completely lost their edge...and I agree, PD looks like Oliver Hardy these days.
I did enjoy a couple of their support acts mind- The Dead Freight were excellent.
The upside, don’t think anybody sang “toon toon” In between songs. I always know if I’m lowering my gig standards when that happens.

The upside, don’t think anybody sang “toon toon” In between songs. I always know if I’m lowering my gig standards when that happens.

I heard one shout of it which was met by a ‘fuck off man’ from someone next to the lad.

My 1st gig post-Covid last night. 2nd time seeing them, and whilst the sound wasn’t great it was an excellent night just being back in amongst things such as that

Charlatans were class, they always are. As a manc mate of mine put is, the charlatans are like Denis Irwin for utd, never less than a 9/10

this basically being a greatest hits tour doesn’t get much better either.
I`m going on Thursday. Never been a huge fan or anything but did like a few of their singles and thought along with the Inspiral Carpets , they were two of the better bands from that era. I`ve not seen them before so quite looking forward to it.

My first gig after the Covid lockdown palaver looks like being The Long Ryders in January at Under The Bridge (venue at Stamford Bridge). Saw them there a few years ago and Roman Abramovich was wandering around ourside and came in for part of the gig.ehich was bizarre - Stewart Lee was there too.
Gosh I saw The Long Ryders at Sheffield University in 1984. I am getting old

I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard a few, 'Ooh, ooh, red and white army' chants at one point.

The support act before the bloke who did 2/3 acoustic songs was utterly spoilt by his cringeworthy in between song patter. Yes we know you are from Newcastle, STFU.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard a few, 'Ooh, ooh, red and white army' chants at one point.

The support act before the bloke who did 2/3 acoustic songs was utterly spoilt by his cringeworthy in between song patter. Yes we know you are from Newcastle, STFU.
Cushin or somebody? He seems to be the generic support for Newcastle gigs these days.

Back