Forthcoming gigs.

Underworld this Saturday in Manchester.....with Orbital later in the month

Reliving my '90's' years ;)
lucky sod
Few years ago I was clubbing in town. And for the record the music scene in clubs here is awful
Standard chart music with occasional shit mixes of 80s pop
Was out having a tab outside and all of a sudden I heard the opening bit of Born slippy. My mates said to me they've never seen me sprint back inside to the club before :lol:
Breath by Progdgy came on after that. Was mint

lucky sod
Few years ago I was clubbing in town. And for the record the music scene in clubs here is awful
Standard chart music with occasional shit mixes of 80s pop
Was out having a tab outside and all of a sudden I heard the opening bit of Born slippy. My mates said to me they've never seen me sprint back inside to the club before :lol:
Breath by Progdgy came on after that. Was mint
Nice one - although Born Slippy is one of my least fave Underworld tunes now as I've just heard it too many times. I am hoping they play an alternative 'version' of it on Saturday?

I don't really mind either way as I'll be off my tits!! ;)

I went to that gig.Great scouse band called Top supporting them.Some cracking songs(she's got all the world,buzzing,man can't you see).We were having a bit crack on with the singer whilst watching the farm when altogether now came on, and for some reason loads of mags started singing Newcastle songs.So me and my mates decided to sing 'ole,ole,ole,ole,Marco,Marco'.Just so happened we were standing amongst loads of the mag hoolies(gremlins) ,who kicked the shit out of me and my 5 mates.All while the farm were singing 'all together now' whilst giving peace signs onstage!
I was at that too, don’t recall your shenanigans but the place was full of Newcastle lads and there was some bother outside afterwards. Was a great gig.

Thought The Wedding Present were the best band by a distance at Interzone festival yesterday. Maybe I missed some announcements but I was expecting Peter Hook to play some New Order songs. Still enjoyed their Joy Division set.

Thought The Wedding Present were the best band by a distance at Interzone festival yesterday. Maybe I missed some announcements but I was expecting Peter Hook to play some New Order songs. Still enjoyed their Joy Division set.
My brief take:

Good:

Tom Hingley - Musically very tight and prompted my to dig out some old IC cds this morning.
Theatre of Hate - As above really. Bold to start with Westworld
The Farm - All together Now very well received.
The Wedding Present - Almost perfect choice of songs for a short set. Particularly enjoyed Bewitched and the female guitarist's enthusisasm.
Peter Hook - Excellent to hear two Warsaw songs. I love how JD developed very quickly and how Hannett's production improved their songs. Mr Hook may disagree.

Bad:

Tom Hingley - Tom's constant 'come to the front please' pleas.
Theatre of Hate - For a band who have saxophone as a 'lead' instrument. It wasn't evident in the mix on quite a few songs.
The Farm - I have no love for them. Lumpy Scouse chancers with maybe 2/3 decent songs.
The Wedding Present - Nothing to note.
Peter Hook - The constant issues with his bass.

General:

I like the idea of a passout.
General sound mix issues. I presume because the bands didn't have their own soundcheck
A lively, small moshpit.
Showsec staff making genuine efforts to ensure people had access to water. Seems to be the norm nowadays which is good.
Nice to see the timings adhered to.
No PH merch.
The references to NUFC's victory over Spurs. Yes, you're playing in Newcastle. How many are from Newcastle and are bothered? Very weakly cheered.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. 9/10. Please don't call it a 'festival' though.

The guitarist last night for the Wedding Present was a gem. It's Rachael Wood who is standing in for Jon Stewart who has work commitments at a university and still plays with Sleeper. She has a varied background including working with Cirque der Soleil for a number of years, and also playing with Skunk Anansie and Sinéad O'Connor. First time seeing this line up and I was hugely impressed. Drummer was from The Cocteau Twins and bass player was from Gomez. Appears that something happened last year that led to previous bass player and drummer (who are a couple) leaving. Then again the Wedding Present/Cinerama has always been like the Fall with only one ever present (Mr Gedge) so not unusual.

Back