Forthcoming gigs.

JS Promotions posted the stage times on Facebook. I also thought doors were 4:30.

I'm expecting this will only be songs he sang with Inspiral Carpets? It's Inspiral Carpets former and best singer fronting an Inspiral Carpets tribute band so I'm hoping it'll be canny. His solo stuff didn't do much for me. The worst thing about the few tribute bands I've seen has been the singer so at least they've got that bit right.
TBf even at his solo gigs he does a lot of IC stuff. But most likely yeah. Really nice bloke.

His solo stuff is terrible.Saw him at washington arts centre ,and it depressed the life out of me.His da had just died like(which he kept mentioning), so I don't think his head was in a good place.
I found his book Carpet Burns quite depressing too. It's a few years since I read it. He made out he was an outsider in the band and the rest were mates. No reason to doubt him, but it wasn't very enjoyable.

I went to see The Farm at Newcastle Mayfair around 1991. I was underage and door staff wouldn't let me in. Joined the back of the queue and tried again. Got laughed at. Sold my ticket to a tout for £3 I think. Mate got in. I was gutted. Suspect there'll be a few off here going. I picked up a resale ticket a few days ago primarily to see The Wedding Present, who I'm surprised to see on this bill. I find Hooky hit and miss due to the vocals. Just saw these stage times.

doors 4:00 (pass out curfew 7:00)

Tom Hingley & The Kar-pets 4:25 - 5:10
Theatre Of Hate 5:40 - 6:30
The Farm 7:00 - 7:50
The Wedding Present 8:20 - 9:10
Peter Hook & The The Light 9:40 - 10:55
Going to this, cheers for posting. Fancy seeing all the bands, interesting line up

Sorry, meant to say this (and not in the spirit of the thread title) but The Hives last Monday was f***ing unbelievable. I think they're the best live band I've ever seen - across 20 years I've never seen any better. Just a whole lot of fun, great tunes and proper stage presence. Would always pay to see them, class.

Sorry, meant to say this (and not in the spirit of the thread title) but The Hives last Monday was f***ing unbelievable. I think they're the best live band I've ever seen - across 20 years I've never seen any better. Just a whole lot of fun, great tunes and proper stage presence. Would always pay to see them, class.

I love them so much. It was the best gig I've been to too.

Sitting outside an Olivia Rodrigo show, if that counts :lol: My daughter went in on her own, which I’m a bit twitchy about, tbh. Hope she gets to see The Breeders open as I’ve explained to her that they’re better (though I have to say she could like worse stuff than OR)

I saw them support arctic monkeys last year. They were mint.

Back