Forthcoming gigs.

Went to Kate Tempest at the Boiler Shop last Sunday, she was cracking. Had to eade through thousands of Liam Gallagher fans on their way to the Arena to get there though, including coked up lads who thought it was a right laugh to shout in my 15 year old daughter's ear. Lads eh?

Was supposed to be going to see Blackalicious last night at the Riverside but they cancelled for the second time. Just going to cut my losses and get that one refunded. Daughter is particularly gutted about that one.

The Lumineers in Glasgow the morn - canny turn hew.

Any recommendations for Glasgow are welcome as I've niver been.

I’d recommend you go to the west end mate or finnistoun, excellent bars and places to eat. The crowd there will be I imagine what you’re looking for.
places like Oran mor, hillhead book club are really good with great music.
The Butchershop bar and grill. Topper

@chriswallace85 this is in finnistoun as I mentioned and indeed it’s great.
kelvingrove cafe, mother India’s, lot 78, lenowskis all great and on sane street
W H Lung tomorrow- Riverside(May miss it as something may have come up)

Fat White Family-Boilershop. Saturday.

whatever it is that may come up, sack it off and go to WH Lung. They’re superb live. I can’t f***ing wait for it me.

Last edited:
I’d recommend you go to the west end mate or finnistoun, excellent bars and places to eat. The crowd there will be I imagine what you’re looking for.
places like Oran mor, hillhead book club are really good with great music.

@chriswallace85 this is in finnistoun as I mentioned and indeed it’s great.
kelvingrove cafe, mother India’s, lot 78, lenowskis all great and on sane street

whatever it is that may come up, sack it off and go to WH Lung. They’re superb live. I can’t f***ing wait for it me.
Aye I know. It’s something that may be impossible so hopefully it’ll blow over. I still have Fat White Family so might not be a total disaster and I have sorted Baxter Drury weekend so not all bad.

Aye I know. It’s something that may be impossible so hopefully it’ll blow over. I still have Fat White Family so might not be a total disaster and I have sorted Baxter Drury weekend so not all bad.

where you seeing Baxter Dury ? Never seen him but going to go to Leeds next year

Pictish Trail and Shellac next month for me, both in Newcastle.

Pictish trail is great. Loved his Future Echos album.
Never realised he was playing Durham but can’t go as we’re at the pantomime that night :oops:

EDIT, is he playing Newcastle like you say as I only saw Durham ?

Last edited:
Pictish trail is great. Loved his Future Echos album.
Never realised he was playing Durham but can’t go as we’re at the pantomime that night :oops:

EDIT, is he playing Newcastle like you say as I only saw Durham ?

Aye, sorry, having checked it is Durham (a mate got the tickets and I presumed it was Newcastle). Agree the abum was great. Enjoy the panto!

Back