For those who are self-employed...

Once again a little reminder for people - If you are claiming U/C and you claim your self employment payment this month you will potentially loose all your U/C payment for August so if you can afford too hang fire and claim your Self Employment payment after the end of the month

Aye, I won’t be making that mistake again.
Although I’d have had to do it the month after anyway.

HMRC updated the SEISS Government webpage last week to announce applications would open from December 14, 2020.
I'm sure originally they said we could apply from the end of October.

So what’s the crack here then same as before if your business been affected your apply as usual so I’m closed but still allowing click and collect but most people want to look about so obviously won’t be selling as much

HMRC updated the SEISS Government webpage last week to announce applications would open from December 14, 2020.

I got email from HMRC yesterday and it says further information on when you can claim announced on 23 November.

I meant end of November not October. I've not had an email from HMRC yet, maybe Monday.
To be honest I've only lost about 3 or 4 days work through a shortage of building materials this last couple of months but I'll be claiming anyway.
So what’s the crack here then same as before if your business been affected your apply as usual so I’m closed but still allowing click and collect but most people want to look about so obviously won’t be selling as much
As far as I know just having to buy face masks to comply with CV-19 regulations allows you to make a claim.

Last edited:
I meant end of November not October. I've not had an email from HMRC yet, maybe Monday.
To be honest I've only lost about 3 or 4 days work through a shortage of building materials this last couple of months but I'll be claiming anyway.

As far as I know just having to buy face masks to comply with CV-19 regulations allows you to make a claim.

PPE on first two claims you could do that but not on this one. Having to isolate doesn't make you eligible either on this one

PPE on first two claims you could do that but not on this one. Having to isolate doesn't make you eligible either on this one
I had a feeling they had got stricter but don’t know the ins and outs ... suppose you can take the risk of want to

Just what Martin Lewis has said. He keeps updating the page on his site

I don't think I'd apply if it was loss of 3 or 4 days like above. Im sure they will come after plenty
Reckon millions been lost to fraudulent claims . Will they have manpower to do the checks ? Prob not

If you're doing click and collect you're not closed shirley ?

Back