For the Mask Debaters

Everyone should have to where required with no exemptions or people with exemptions should stay away from places they have to wear masks.

They should be legally required with no self exceptions, I agree. Unless you have a very serious health problem, the kind you could easily get a letter from a consultant or GP to verify, you should have to wear one.

I have seen (and challenged) people not wearing a mask and it’s always the same, they’ve always got asthma or COPD. They can’t breathe with a mask on.

Nowt but selfish liars.

The efficacy of wearing a cloth mask in Lidl or Waitrose is up for debate but there is no reason not to do it. Unless, there is an argument that the masks make things worse, which I am yet to hear.
I agree cloth masks are not ideal. Really people should be encouraged to wear disposable surgical masks.

They should be legally required with no self exceptions, I agree. Unless you have a very serious health problem, the kind you could easily get a letter from a consultant or GP to verify, you should have to wear one.

I have seen (and challenged) people not wearing a mask and it’s always the same, they’ve always got asthma or COPD. They can’t breathe with a mask on.

Nowt but selfish liars.
Old woman in Tesco's on Saturday complaining about people not wearing masks..." i'm an Asthma suffer...its fine". My dad has COPD and wears one. Leads me to the conclusion a few of the no maskers are full of shit

I was at The Metro Centre last week and the amount of thick ignorant Geordies walking round without one was unbelievable, and nothing was getting done about it

Quite a few wear it below the nose. Obviously OK as long as they don't breathe whilst in the shop. Must be annoying working on the cash tills.

Nowt but selfish liars.
Making it illegal is not the problem, enforcing that law is. You’d have to bring in spot fines but what do plod do if someone claims a medical exemption orkeep pulling a mask on and off. Might be easier to enforce when those Perspex visors become more widely available in the shops

Nowt but selfish liars.
And it's usually the COPD non mask wearers that are in and out for a fag every 15minutes.
It should be law that if you say you can't wear a mask, you should have to wear a visor.

Back