For the 4 eyed amongst us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time has come for me to need some reading glasses.
Had my eyes Lasered about 12 years ago and they have been spot on but short vision is fucked now. Surgeon at the time said I will probs need reading glasses later on in life coz most blokes do and there was nowt they could do to correct that.
Looks like now they can but it's about £1800 per eye.

Is that place on leechmere estate still going?

Nee idea if they are cheap or not as I'm not a speccy wanker, but they seemed reasonable when the wife got her bins there (albeit years ago)

Onspec, yes still there and cheaper than Specsavers/Vision Express imo. They have a showroom full of gleggs to try on too.

I’m having my eyes tested tomorrow, when I got my varifocals 2 years ago it cost me a fortune. It’s a pity that Asda leechmere hasn’t got the opticians but at those prices it would be well worth the trail through to the galleries .

Asda Boldon has an opticians and is probably a nicer experience than The Galleries!

Bought some glasses from www.speckyfoureyes.com before Christmas and they've only just arrived last week. I can't wear the fuckers, makes me dizzy just sat with them on. Feels like my left eyeball is going to fall out.

I typed the prescription as it was on the last card I got from Specsavers but something's not right on them. For the sake of the £17.99 they cost I'll just put it down to a shit idea.

Might see if Specsavers will reglaze the frames next time I'm in paying a fortune anyway.

Had my eyes Lasered about 12 years ago and they have been spot on but short vision is fucked now. Surgeon at the time said I will probs need reading glasses later on in life coz most blokes do and there was nowt they could do to correct that.

I've just enquired about laser eye surgery. Been trying to justify the cost to myself for a while. Do you think getting it done has been worth it?

I used to have separate glasses for reading and driving so used to get them online from glasses direct but to be honest the quality is pretty poor...so at last eye test I went to ASDA and the quality and price for varifocals is great plus ASDA after service is brilliant...had to go back with a couple of issues and they were sorted very quickly...in the past I’ve tried boots and Specsavers and wouldn’t go back to them...

I wish I had known that, I ended up paying £270 for a pair of varifocals glasses from Specsavers.

Just get one done for now............. :)

Bought some glasses from speckyfoureyes, took around 3 months to arrive, great glasses mind for £17 shouldn’t complain, but haway 3 months?

Asda Boldon has an opticians and is probably a nicer experience than The Galleries!

That was last year !
I ended up getting my glasses in specsavers as I discovered they had a discount when you’re over 60 . Only problem was that I got my eyes tested elsewhere and they gave me a prescription that was too strong so it took a bit of sorting out but I found specsavers very helpf.

Couple of work colleagues got theirs online from a company called spexforless.
Designer frames for a fraction of the high street price.
They swear by them.
Probably going to try there when my latest prescription needs updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back