For the 4 eyed amongst us

TheWanderer

Striker
Where’s the cheapest places to pick up some new prescription glasses and sunglasses?

Just had my eyes tested, but not paying Vision Express prices, was cheap as chips when they were Tesco Opticians, not any more.

As I’ve got a rotund heeed I need to try them on, so need a showroom.

Where’s the cheapest places to pick up some new prescription glasses and sunglasses?

Just had my eyes tested, but not paying Vision Express prices, was cheap as chips when they were Tesco Opticians, not any more.

Tesco were so cheap they went out of business. I was paying £8 a month for contacts. Now they’re vision express I’m paying 26.

How big is your rotund heed if you need a showroom to try on a pair of specs :eek:

Tesco were so cheap they went out of business. I was paying £8 a month for contacts. Now they’re vision express I’m paying 26.
30 months ago when I started wearing glasses, I got two pair of glasses for £40, on a buy one get one free deal, they accidentally made a third pair and I was given them for nowt, then bought a pair of prescription sunglasses for £40, so ended up with 4 pairs for £80! That wouldn’t even get me one pair there now.

Specsavers are reasonable on the 2 for 1 offer. I usually go there. Some Asda's have an optician but never been so don't know how cheap they are. The Galleries one has an optician if that helps.

Have tried the online opticians. Some have been ok but I prefer going and trying them on somewhere so I know they look ok and are comfortable before I buy them.

Have you looked into laser eye surgery,my nephew had it done,no need to wear glasses afterwards.

Went to see the top eye gadgie at the eye infirmary about getting my eyes done a few years ago , quite interesting chat with him after he put glasses on to read some small print.

To be fair he was advising lens replacement rather than laser .

I’m still wearing gegs.

Specsavers are reasonable on the 2 for 1 offer. I usually go there. Some Asda's have an optician but never been so don't know how cheap they are. The Galleries one has an optician if that helps.

Have tried the online opticians. Some have been ok but I prefer going and trying them on somewhere so I know they look ok and are comfortable before I buy them.
Glasses direct let you trial them for nowt

Got heavy scarring on one of my eyes so not sure if I could get it anyways.

And as I’m scraping around for cheap glasses it’s unlikley my pockets are currently deep enough for laser eye surgery.

Feel your pain.
Got a bad contact lens infection on my honeymoon, scarring on eye n a week in the infirmary on hourly drops:mad:

Anyone tried nocturnal lenses? Thinking of a consultation but probably get knocked back for those too.

Back