For the 4 eyed amongst us

Feel your pain.
Got a bad contact lens infection on my honeymoon, scarring on eye n a week in the infirmary on hourly drops:mad:

Anyone tried nocturnal lenses? Thinking of a consultation but probably get knocked back for those too.
Just spoke to the optician today, as I regularly get ulcers on my eye due to sitting 8-12 hours days looking at computer screens, my eyes dry and are prone to infections...I asked if the scaring could lead to more serious sight issues, she said yes and was pretty blunt telling me contact lenses would increase that likelihood for further infections. So it’s glasses and 2 hourly gel eye drops for me, not risking contacts.

Just spoke to the optician today, as I regularly get ulcers on my eye due to sitting 8-12 hours days looking at computer screens, my eyes dry and are prone to infections...I asked if the scaring could lead to more serious sight issues, she said yes and was pretty blunt telling me contact lenses would increase that likelihood for further infections. So it’s glasses and 2 hourly gel eye drops for me, not risking contacts.

They said id be an idiot to try contacts again.
These you sleep in then remove when you get up. Still risky probably.

I used to have separate glasses for reading and driving so used to get them online from glasses direct but to be honest the quality is pretty poor...so at last eye test I went to ASDA and the quality and price for varifocals is great plus ASDA after service is brilliant...had to go back with a couple of issues and they were sorted very quickly...in the past I’ve tried boots and Specsavers and wouldn’t go back to them...

Just paid £80.00 for my new glasses from asda (two pairs for £120.00)
Varifocals and ultra thin lenses included in the price.

I’m having my eyes tested tomorrow, when I got my varifocals 2 years ago it cost me a fortune. It’s a pity that Asda leechmere hasn’t got the opticians but at those prices it would be well worth the trail through to the galleries .

Specsavers are reasonable on the 2 for 1 offer. I usually go there. Some Asda's have an optician but never been so don't know how cheap they are. The Galleries one has an optician if that helps.

Have tried the online opticians. Some have been ok but I prefer going and trying them on somewhere so I know they look ok and are comfortable before I buy them.
not that from what i have seen. comparable to specsavers and the others. Boots seem to have gone very expensive

I get all mine from Specsavers. They send a 3 month supply at a time. Easy.

An old bloke came up to me the other day asking if I could tell him where Specsavers was.
We were stood right outside it. True story.

No, usual prices.
I’m having my eyes tested tomorrow, when I got my varifocals 2 years ago it cost me a fortune. It’s a pity that Asda leechmere hasn’t got the opticians but at those prices it would be well worth the trail through to the galleries .

I was really surprised that I didn't have to pay extra for the ultra thin lenses. That usually ramps up the price of mine.

Last edited:
Is that place on leechmere estate still going?

Nee idea if they are cheap or not as I'm not a speccy wanker, but they seemed reasonable when the wife got her bins there (albeit years ago)

Back