Football Manager 2024

Had a player who played 25 game for Finland he’s 21 all senior caps, then all of a sudden he’s decided he’s English his caps have went into other nationality tab and now he’s available to be selected for England 😂

Rules have changed when it comes to granny rule
Ya allowed to switch over even if you've played a game for the former if it wasn't a tournament game and it was no more than 3 non-friendlies before the age of 21.

Most recent case of it in real life was England's interest in Evan Ferguson but continued to feature for Ireland over the Euro qualifers and Nations league thus making him ineligible for a switch.

Jamaica have fully benefited from the new rule calling upto 6 people with English caps to their names hence why they're a big deal out of nowhere in CONACAF now.
So in your case yer man with the 25 caps, atleast 23 of them were friendlies and was still eligible to swap.

Last edited:

Just started out at Wisla Krakow. They’re in the second tier in Poland, which surprised me and was a big part of why I ended up with them.

I’m not really aiming for it to be a Moneyball job but I have read the book and currently reading about Barcelona, so going to try and do a few things.

1) Sign underrated, undervalued and unwanted players. Basically, free transfers and transfer listed players rather than splashing the cash to rise to the top. It’s not just going to be a case of signing kids and waiting for them to be picked off by the bigger clubs in Europe as I’ve done plenty of times on FM. If it means signing a transfer listed 27 year-old striker from the Czech Republic because his stats are good and his past performance is decent then I’m happy to do that.

2) Replace from within. Not always going to be possible but when I can, I’m going to aim to promote a young lad from within the club setup. The clubs youth rating is Good, so I should be alright with having decent kids. The Polish First Division also requires at least one Polish player under 21 years old to be in the starting XI (I’m not sure if it’s the case in the top division, mind) so it’s something I need to do anyway.

3) Sell players. I’ve always been one of those players that really tries to keep hold of my players as best I can, for as long as I can but if someone comes in with a bid for more than a players value, I’m going to sell.

Didn’t have long in pre-season, only had time for two pre-season games before the league kicked off. Won 2-0 on the opening day at home, so quite happy with that.

Poached by recently relegated Leyton Orient. Season 4 storm the National League winning the league on 99 points, 9 points clear of 2nd place. Completed the double and won the FA trophy, beating Blyth 2-1 in the final. Tamworth finish 7th and win the play offs, promoted alongside me to League 2.
Just finished 3rd and promoted from League 2 with Leyton Orient as a semi pro side. Enjoyed managing them, but will have to do a complete rebuild again to compete in League 1. Question is whether I'm up for that, or maybe time to move on again to job number 5 in this save at a Championship/League 1 level equivalent.
Just finished 3rd and promoted from League 2 with Leyton Orient as a semi pro side. Enjoyed managing them, but will have to do a complete rebuild again to compete in League 1. Question is whether I'm up for that, or maybe time to move on again to job number 5 in this save at a Championship/League 1 level equivalent.
Stayed on for a League 1 rebuild. Got a canny strike force, seem telepathic in the first month, scoring and assisting each other. Khayon Edwards and Ryan Hardie. And a regen who I've had since the National League as a backup.

Signed Luke O'Nien, made him captain, sent off on his debut. :rolleyes:

Second game of the season, best player regen left winger snapped cruciate ligaments, out for 9 months. :rolleyes:

Start of September just as transfer window closes, 2nd in the league, Ryan Hardie hamstring done, out for 6 weeks!

Last edited:
Played 19 in the league at Wisla Krakow, now have a two month winter break. 2nd, a point behind Lechia, W13 D3 L3 GF35 GA15. Went out of the cup to Gornik Zabrze in round two, despite hammering them.

Going alright and I’m pretty confident we will get promoted but it’s frustrating at times. I’m playing teams off the park in terms of possession, passing percentage, xG, shots on target, corners etc playing a 433 gegenpress but we’ve dropped some daft points where we haven’t killed teams off.

2028/29 season WBA came calling in November and poached me from Leyton Orient. They were recently relegated from the Premier League and were 18th in the Championship.

Managed to get them just outside the playoffs and beat West Ham away on penalties to get to the semis of the League Cup. But 2 legs against Man City coming up.

There's a canny squad of players for the Championship, but most of the good players want to leave and the opinion of me is very poor so far. I'm selling £30 million worth of haters in Jan to hopefully improve the harmony and boost the warchest. Got a couple wonderkids lined up on loan as well.

I'm currently in my fourth season with Toulouse and my league record is the following:

Played 13, won 13, goals for 40, goals against... 0 :cool: 5 at the back with two playmaking DMs is the way to go, it's a wonderfully balanced tactic with some ridiculous tackling stats

Finally got a computer worthy of playing it and downloading now.

Any recommendations for a Sunderland save? Not played in a few years to be honest so might be a bit of a learning curve for me

Finally got a computer worthy of playing it and downloading now.

Any recommendations for a Sunderland save? Not played in a few years to be honest so might be a bit of a learning curve for me
Play wingers and youth stars regularly, sign a good striker for cheap, azon is a bargain at 2million and a DM, tho finding a DM is a struggle, mvilla never signs, so I end up playing Neil,Ekwah,rigg,jobe in rotation

Logon or register to see this image

My favourite save in a long time this like. I recently changed my playmakers to a segundo volante double pivot and it's providing a lot more goals whilst still keeping up with the defensive strength.

Back