Football Manager 2022

I cant seem to find a tactic that works for longer than 5 games! Is anyone using a decent plug and play?
I played a 3 5 2 worked well 3cbs two wing backs a good cdm Stewart as a target man he’s broken in that role got 25 goals for me and 14 assists broadhead with the others Prichard and Neil in cm with evans usually behind them or winniesta was working Doyle and Alvarez cb with wright in between working. Change to attacking at home and high pressure need to rotate wing backs a lot though!

Mark Travers, my loan goalkeeper that helped me into the Premier league and was available on a free transfer has decided to sign for Fulham in the championship instead as they have a better squad :neutral:

On the plus side, I've finally managed to get Hoffman back from Bayern for about £350k, no work permit issues this time. Liverpool were interested but no bid made thankfully

Feel like I'm steam rolling the league (first season) 32 games in and well on track go over 100 points, Ipswich were about 17 clear though literally not losing or drawing a game all season. They've hot a run of poor form though and the gap is down to a point now. Ross Stewart 32 in 32 and Alex Pritchard has 20 assists with highest avg rating in the league

Signed a German RB Kammerbauer as well for 40k. Unbelievably good.

Started with Sunderland.

12 league games gone, 10 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.

26 goals for 4 goals against.

Surely it won't continue to be so easy!
It wasn't.

I was top after 34 games. Stewart suffered two consecutive injuries missing the remainder of the season and I scraped into 6th position.

Lost to Oxford 4-1 on aggregate in the Play-Off Semi Final.

It wasn't.

I was top after 34 games. Stewart suffered two consecutive injuries missing the remainder of the season and I scraped into 6th position.

Lost to Oxford 4-1 on aggregate in the Play-Off Semi Final.

I’ve been remarkably lucky with Stewart given he’s started almost every league game for me and usually plays the full 90.

Only had one injury for a couple of weeks.

I have just finished my first season. I finished 2nd to Accrington after having a dip in for the last few games. We both had 85 points but they had a better Goal difference. My best players were Stewart with 32 goals and 8 assists, Pritchard with 8 goals and 19 assists, Cirkin was good but struggle with fitness, Alves was also good and I have extended his loan.

The board have given me 4.1 Million to spend with £225k wage budget so going to have to be shrewd the transfer market.

exactly half way through 2nd season in championship top of the table with 57 points from 23 games. 10 points clear. using the same tactic i was using in league one and finding the championship easier. wouldn’t say my team is anything special but the loans i got in from younguns from premiership have all been good.

stewart been excellent along with pritchard.

i was 10 points clear in championship after 23 games. went on a terrible run all of a sudden after trouncing sides all season then ended up 5 points behind west brom. pulled it back to 3 points now with 3 wins in a row but my small squad is starting to be found out in 2nd half of season and Stewart has turned shite

Managed promotion from the Championship at the first attempt through the playoffs. Never dropped out of the top 6 all season but never troubled the top 2. Ended up third on the last day of the season and played Boro in the semi finals. Beat them 3-0 away and 2-1 then beat West Ham 1-0 in the final. Before the playoff final I was given a budget of 7m plus 60k left for wages and since I’ve been promoted that hasn’t changed. My squad is garbage in reality, Cirkin has gone to Spurs for 6m but they’ve loaned him back. Ross Stewart scored 20+ again as well. Hoping I get a bigger budget or I may move on

Managed promotion from the Championship at the first attempt through the playoffs. Never dropped out of the top 6 all season but never troubled the top 2. Ended up third on the last day of the season and played Boro in the semi finals. Beat them 3-0 away and 2-1 then beat West Ham 1-0 in the final. Before the playoff final I was given a budget of 7m plus 60k left for wages and since I’ve been promoted that hasn’t changed. My squad is garbage in reality, Cirkin has gone to Spurs for 6m but they’ve loaned him back. Ross Stewart scored 20+ again as well. Hoping I get a bigger budget or I may move on
I've went through my transfer window after the first season last night while having a few beers. I've now got a massive squad full of shite. :lol:

I've went through my transfer window after the first season last night while having a few beers. I've now got a massive squad full of shite. :lol:

I got given £30m which went pretty quickly. Spending £900k on wages now. I keep seeing takeover talks but the rumours then get quashed by KLD but the most recent one has sounded the most promising. It even said we might get floated on the stock market - here's hoping I get more cash (if they keep me!)

got back to back promotions with sunderland. won the play offs in championship but because the board has already set championship based budgets after the final game of the season then they haven’t even altered them for the Prem. so i started with 3m budget and only 230k wage budget. had to sell Kolasanic for 7.5m to make way for some funds to actually pull a squad together. going to have to rely on 4 loans for Prem and try and survive until KLD stops being a stingey get

He turned them down twice on my save 2nd time was when he was already in for a new contract, valued at £40m and into season 4 now so f'off Spurs 😀

Didn’t get any more money so had to sell Charley Musonda who I bought on a free last year for 7.5m to fund some players. Brought in loads of random foreigners. Carlos Zambrano ,some Norwegian Gabrielsen and Retsos in defence, Jamie Cuming in goal, Cobas or somebody and some Argentine and Rogic for my midfield, and Simon Bonza up front. Don’t see how I’ll survive but first game of the season I beat Spurs 2-0 at home and drew Fulham away next game. Also had Zambrano and Gabrielsen saying they want to leave to boost their international chances, they’ve only been here 2 weeks and there’s been no internationals yet :) I’d also taken over Senegal after the World Cup and just won the African Nations before I resigned.

Back