Football Manager 2020

I'm in 2031 on my save and took over at PSG a year ago.
The board have announced they are bulding a new stadium and are naming it after one of their iconic players.

I was expecting it to be Mbappe who is currently in his 15th season, has won 6 World Player of the year awards, 6 Golden Balls, 13 League titles etc but no, after 5 years service they're calling it 'The Harry Kane Stadium' :lol:

The board have announced they are bulding a new stadium and are naming it after one of their iconic players.

I was expecting it to be Mbappe who is currently in his 15th season, has won 6 World Player of the year awards, 6 Golden Balls, 13 League titles etc but no, after 5 years service they're calling it 'The Harry Kane Stadium' :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Managed to take Gateshead to 4th place in the Prem and into the Champions League. Had £150m in the bank so have splashed out and spent 67m on a Spanish striker and 60m on a Brazilian keeper. My main striker Louis Munteanu broke the all time scoring record for Gateshead hitting his 100th goal. The board is expanding the stadium again to 30k as well.

With France after winning the Euros, Nations League and Olympics I went to the World Cup and lost in the final.Applied for the Brazil job straight after and got it

Managed to take Gateshead to 4th place in the Prem and into the Champions League. Had £150m in the bank so have splashed out and spent 67m on a Spanish striker and 60m on a Brazilian keeper. My main striker Louis Munteanu broke the all time scoring record for Gateshead hitting his 100th goal. The board is expanding the stadium again to 30k as well.

With France after winning the Euros, Nations League and Olympics I went to the World Cup and lost in the final.Applied for the Brazil job straight after and got it

Did the board say owt to you when you applied for an international job? They pulled me into a meeting and asked me if I was gonna do both jobs, I said aye, they said they'd sack me if I took over an international team.

Tested it a year later when the Spain job came up and they sacked me on the spot :lol:

I was just going to post asking if anyone had started a game at Conference level or lower.

Been thinking of starting a save with Shields.

:lol::lol::lol:
Both of them were at city on mine.

Logon or register to see this image

Well my spell in charge of France was short lived after this abomination. I absolutely romped my way through qualifying scoring 42 goals in 8 games but it all went wrong in the tournament. In truth, I should have gone out in the Group stages. What was supposed to be an easy group turned into a nightmare.

Opening game v Sweden I went 2-0 down in 10 minutes. Battered them for the entire game to scrape a 2-2 draw.
Game 2 v Serbia, I battered for 76 minutes before they countered with their first attack of the game to go 1-0 up. I threw everything at them and got caught in the 91st minute so they won 2-0.
Game 3 v Poland (who had beaten both other teams) I won comfortably 3-0 getting me into the next round as one of the best 3rd place teams :oops:

98 shots over 4 games compared to 27 from my opponents and somehow I only got 1 win.

So i'm unemployed and have no idea what my stock is like now. I've managed in Spain and Italy so I'd like a job in France or Germany now. Not a super team like PSG or Bayern but someone on the fringes around the Europa League that I can build for 2/3 seasons. Not going to apply for any old job, so it might take me a year to get the right one.

Well I didn't wait around long, I got the first job I applied for which was to be manager of Lille. It seemed like the right level of challenge. Last season the finished in they Europa League places and won the Euro II cup (their first trophy in 17 years) before the manager left to take the Lazio job. The board want me to take them into the Champions League (top 3) which they've never done in the 9 years of this save. £23m to spend and 2 excellent strikers (both Advanced forwards though!) made it seem like a decent opportunity, but I didn't investigate enough. They have only 15 players in the first team squad - 3 of which are goalkeepers, 5 over 30 and no right backs or right wingers. So I think I need to sell one of my 2 strikers to fund a complete overhaul of the squad because this club will never be able to play in 3 competitions.

Last edited:
Loving this Sparta Prague save only into second season but totally bossing it. Won the double first season losing only 1 league game :cool: Into 20/21 and W17 D1 L0 of our league games (45 unbeaten)

CL draw was tough one City, Juve, Salzburg thought if we could finish 3rd and drop into the Europa I'd be more than happy. We drew home and away v City, drew at home to Juve and beat Salzburg home and away for us to qualify for the knockouts in 2nd place :D

Logon or register to see this image

Back