Football Manager 2020

2006/07 database on steam by the mad scientist think I'll have a big of a go on this :)

Juve and Napoli in Serie B ... Sunderland with Keanos boys :cool:

My 2nd season at Lille is complete and it was almost a carbon copy of season one, except that I managed to take 3rd place in the league by the skin of my teeth which is the clubs highest finish in a decade and sees me qualify for the Champions League. The French league as it stands is incredibly tough. PSG have won 10 of the 11 titles, they finish on 90+ points every year and are untouchable. Monaco, Lyon and Marseille are all very good clubs with spending power far superior to mine. I'm in the next bracket with AS Saint Ettiene, but punching above my weight. I've improved the academy and training facilities so they're among the best in the country, but Lille is very much a feeder club and my players are getting unsettled constantly and refusing to sign contracts.

I'm going to do a final season with Lille, having a bash at Champions League football and seeing if I can win them a trophy. After that, I'm going to move to a random unfashionable country and build a Eastern European Powerhouse over the long term. Options in my head are Poland, Romania, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia or Belarus.

My 2nd season at Lille is complete and it was almost a carbon copy of season one, except that I managed to take 3rd place in the league by the skin of my teeth which is the clubs highest finish in a decade and sees me qualify for the Champions League. The French league as it stands is incredibly tough. PSG have won 10 of the 11 titles, they finish on 90+ points every year and are untouchable. Monaco, Lyon and Marseille are all very good clubs with spending power far superior to mine. I'm in the next bracket with AS Saint Ettiene, but punching above my weight. I've improved the academy and training facilities so they're among the best in the country, but Lille is very much a feeder club and my players are getting unsettled constantly and refusing to sign contracts.

I'm going to do a final season with Lille, having a bash at Champions League football and seeing if I can win them a trophy. After that, I'm going to move to a random unfashionable country and build a Eastern European Powerhouse over the long term. Options in my head are Poland, Romania, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia or Belarus.

Won a trophy with Lille and in some style too! The most ridiculous game I've played, the opposition just completely crumbled. Mattias Arezo was my big signing to try and push me over the top for a title but it didn't quite happen. I missed out by 4 points after having Arezo, my star striker Rogers and 3 other key players injured in the second half of the season. I resigned from Lille leaving them with a great young squad, 2 world class players, a state of the art youth academy and their first trophy in 20 years.

I'm currently looking for my Eastern European job. The obvious job available is the Partizan Belgrade job. An intense rivalry, good youth system and good support. It's set up to build a powerhouse, but ideally I have my eye on a handful of clubs on my wishlist (I'm only applying if they become available). They are:

Red Star Belgrade - Everyone prefers them over Partizan.
Dinamo Minsk - The major club in the mighty Eastern city of Minsk. It's the definition of a major Eastern European force waiting to emerge.
Cracovia - They're Poland's oldest club and from the second city, but they've not won the league since 1948 and are currently in the shadow of their city rivals Wisla Krakow. Oh, they also play in red and white.
Hadjuk Split - The only option in Croatia for me will be tricky because they're the current champions. No better place to start and Eastern force than in a city and club that holds rebellion and fanaticism close to it's heart.
FC Rapid Bucuresti - Rapid were traditionally the 3rd biggest club in Romania behind Steaua and Dinamo. They went bankrupt in 2016 and dropped down the divisions. By 2019 they were back in the second division but they've been there ever since. Might be time for someone to take them back to former glories.
Hungarain League - There are too many options in Hungary but the goal would be the same. Replicate the golden era of Magyar football. With one of the 5 big Budapest clubs (Ferencvaros, Honved, MTK, Ujpest or Vasas) or perhaps the Puskas Academia club and make them a club worthy of the name, rather than a subsidiary, of the right wing government's club Fehervar FC.

Loads of options, just have to wait and see what comes up.

Into the last two games of my first Championship season with Sunderland. Sitting in 6th after a wonderful run since January - played 15, winning 11, drawing twice and losing twice.

Playing 4-4-1-1, both wide men are inverted. Got a mezzala and a defensive deep lying playmaker, with an advanced playmaker in AM and an advanced forward. Switching my play style to narrow has done wonders, seems to have been the difference in my form.

GK - Alberto Paleari
RB - Luke O’Nien
CB - Tosin Adarabioyo
CB - Jeremy Gelin
LB - Yuri Ribero
RM - Patrick Roberts
CM - James Garner
CM - Eugeni
LM - Siriki Dembele
CAM - Alfredo Morisini
ST - Liam Millar

Can afford to lose one of my final two games, provided I win the other to make the playoffs. Concerned that if I go up I will need a brand new squad pretty much, though if I stay down, I have 5 loan players that need replacing anyway.

It took a full season of waiting to find the right job. I turned down various roles at big clubs for the rights challenge and here it is... After a 10 year career at Sampdoria, Real Madrid, France and Lille, my 5th managerial job and one that shocked the footballing world has been decided.

My new club is Vasas Sports Club.

Vasas are the smallest and least successful of Budapest's 5 big sides from the era of the Mighty Magyars. Vasas were once famed for beating Real Madrid in a European Cup Semi Final in the 1950's (though they lost on aggregate), for winning 6 Hungarian Championships (the 7th most successful club in the country) and for briefly being the home of one of Hungary and Barcelona's greatest players who now has the academy named after him (Laszlo Kubala). Now they find themselves in Hungary's second division, playing in a quaint 5k seater stadium and with underwhelming facilities.

I've taken on this role with several goals:

1) Get Vasas promoted immediately.
2) Make Vasas competitive in the top flight again.
3) Focus on facilities, making the Vasas Kubala Akademia the best in the country.
4) Produce a tactic that replicates a 50's Magyar style.
5) Win the Hungarian division for the 7th time.
6) Consistently qualify for Champions League Group stages.
7) Produce a number of Hungarians capable of resurrecting the Magyars on the world stage.

Picked up Danny loader for 11m, scored 38 goals in his first prem season (prem and uefa cup) just sold him before his second season to Man Utd for 80m plus 16m in addons 😳😳

It took a full season of waiting to find the right job. I turned down various roles at big clubs for the rights challenge and here it is... After a 10 year career at Sampdoria, Real Madrid, France and Lille, my 5th managerial job and one that shocked the footballing world has been decided.

Vasas are the smallest and least successful of Budapest's 5 big sides from the era of the Mighty Magyars. Vasas were once famed for beating Real Madrid in a European Cup Semi Final in the 1950's (though they lost on aggregate), for winning 6 Hungarian Championships (the 7th most successful club in the country) and for briefly being the home of one of Hungary and Barcelona's greatest players who now has the academy named after him (Laszlo Kubala). Now they find themselves in Hungary's second division, playing in a quaint 5k seater stadium and with underwhelming facilities.

3) Focus on facilities, making the Vasas Kubala Akademia the best in the country.
7) Produce a number of Hungarians capable of resurrecting the Magyars on the world stage.

Definitely new territory for me.

My last club, little old Lille were averaging 47k fans a week when I left. Vasas have sold 164 season tickets.

Last seasons top scorer at Lille was Morgan Rogers, a £25m striker who scored a respectable 22 goals. At Vasas it was Sandro Plechaty, a 34 year old right back who has left the club to go and play in German Regional football.

I was shocked to see that my former Lille assistant manager was prepared to come and join me - Martin Skrtel, former Liverpool defender. Unfortunately he wanted £9k a week to be my assistant and the club wouldn't budge about £900. I did manage a good appointment as the Head of Youth Development though. Paulo Noga spent a couple of years as HOYD at Porto before moving to China. I managed to lure him back to Europe to be part of my project.

1 day away from the start of the season and I'm very much doing a Sunderland. Half of the squad left on free transfers at the end of the season so I'm trying to put a new squad together and I'm still 4 or 5 players away from completion. Hopefully I'll be more reminiscent of Keano than anyone else though.

Step one complete:

Won the title pretty convincingly. My only defeats all season came at the hands of the 2nd placed team after I went down to 10 men and against some nobodies when my team bottled winning the title at the first attempt. At one point I was 14 points clear, so a bit of a collapse at the end.

I made up the most random formation of players I had or could get hold of and just went for it. I played 3-2-3-2 with asymmetric wingers. My strike partnership of a false nine and a poacher worked rather well scoring 45 goals between them.

Last edited:
Got back onto my Sparta save in his 3rd season finally lost Thiago Almada, Juve paid his £20m release clause :cry:

On the plus side signed Dani Olmo for £15m as his replacement :cool: was wanting £30k a week most we could go to was £24k so paid him allsorts in bonuses to get him in

Season 2 at Vasas would be considered a success I guess. I'm a little disappointed though as I spent the entire season battling for 3rd and fell away in the final weeks. I was predicted 9th at the start of the season though and was hoping for 7th so I'll take this.

There's a lot of money floating around at the top of this division that I didn't realise. Ferencvaros spent £8m on a player! I was caught off guard a bit as there's a 10 foreigner limit which wasn't in place in the lower league, so a lot of my random squad players were cheap Romanians and they hampered my rebuilding. I picked up 2 or 3 great young players though, one of whom has made the Denmark squad for the World Cup so I'm happy with that. A little wheeling and dealing this summer and I can hopefully cement 3rd spot next season. The top 2 are someway better than the rest.

I was shocked to see that my former Lille assistant manager was prepared to come and join me - Martin Skrtel, former Liverpool defender. Unfortunately he wanted £9k a week to be my assistant and the club wouldn't budge about £900.
I think that's called letting you down gently ;)

Any decent youth coming through for you yet?

I think that's called letting you down gently ;)

Any decent youth coming through for you yet?

Well, it's his loss, he's still unemployed!

Not yet, sadly. The facilities were all dreadful. I'm updating them for the second time now (at the expense of investment into my first team) and upon completion they'll only be upgraded to "good".

The one good player to come through (before I joined) has just been sold to a rival - £3.5m to fund the facilities and help me buy a couple of players.

Got a cracking side at Sparta now bought Sergio Gomez for £2.5m :) Also tied Hldozek down to a new contract with no release clause

Anyone looking for a cheap young striker look at Alejandro Marques from Barca I signed him for £500k 3 seasons later sold him to Real Madrid for £25m only sold him as I've got Arezo and Sarmiento to come in plus a cracking newgen from the clubs youth set up

Logon or register to see this image

Got a cracking side at Sparta now bought Sergio Gomez for £2.5m :) Also tied Hldozek down to a new contract with no release clause

Anyone looking for a cheap young striker look at Alejandro Marques from Barca I signed him for £500k 3 seasons later sold him to Real Madrid for £25m only sold him as I've got Arezo and Sarmiento to come in plus a cracking newgen from the clubs youth set up

Logon or register to see this image

That is a ridiculously good team like. What season are you in?

When I'm in a poorer league, I can often get good players but if they're superstars like Olmo or Arezo they'd be taken from me by a European giant after a season.

Hadn't given this a go for a while so went for Bolton. Thought it'd be a really hard season considering the 12 point deduction but currently 13th in December. Loads of really good young players which I'll probably have to keep relying on due to the financial situation.

That is a ridiculously good team like. What season are you in?

When I'm in a poorer league, I can often get good players but if they're superstars like Olmo or Arezo they'd be taken from me by a European giant after a season.
Just started our 4th season mate never dreamt of having a side for Sparta like this so early. Made £21m on sales in the first season sold Kanga £13m and Tetteh for £4.6m both to China Fortuna giving us the funds for the likes of Almada, Matheson and Palacios (all moved on now)

Will be impossible to keep hold of Arezo, Olmo, Gomez, Hlozek from a wages point of view going to enjoy them while I can good thing only Gomez has a release clause in his contract so when the big boys do come they can pay top dollar

Back