Football fan banned from matches until 2026

This was discussed at the time and I’m sure that was only enforceable on a BBC broadcast, not that they enforced it on Kuenssberg and her lot
No, it applies to social media and flagship presenters like him have a particular responsibility. Guidance: Personal Use of Social Media

It always applied to him, but the guidance was watered down slightly after the furore. Flagship presenters are allowed to comment on matters of political controversy now, that they were not before.
The way they have tracked her down is pretty crazy / creepy.

I find it hard to have sympathy with someone gobbing off on twitter and getting exposed for it though.

A few replies to the thread on twitter suggesting she was comparing trans people to paedophiles and saying they were invented by Nazis :eek:
Yet again, "I don't like what she said so I have no real issue with what happened."

Would you like that approach applied to yourself?
This is where I think the argument is over simplified. The law is that a belief, provided sincerely held and worthy of respect in a democratic society, is capable of being a protected belief under the equality act.

Some of what this woman has had on her Twitter account may have been mere expressions of a belief in that category. I’d have a problem with her being banned if that some of it was all there was. Most of it is f***ing vile. I have no problem with her being banned for the most of it. This is the standard playbook. Do a little bit that’s this side of the line. Pretend that’s all you’ve been done for.
I could understand where you are coming from if there was evidence of this vile behaviour in the ground. There is not. It is wholly unrelated. To quote the ECtHR again:

Subject to paragraph 2 of Article 10 (art. 10-2), it [freedom of expression] is applicable not only to "information" or "ideas" that are favourably received or regarded as inoffensive or as a matter of indifference, but also to those that offend, shock or disturb the State or any sector of the population. Such are the demands of that pluralism, tolerance and broadmindedness without which there is no "democratic society"."

If what she said was grossly offensive she would have been prosecuted under s127. So outwith that, the price of democracy is that we tolerate the right of others to say things we think are offensive instead of supporting punishment in a totally unrelated area to the things which have been said.

Last edited:
I don't go around spreading hate online mouthing off about nazis and paedophiles so I don't really think it's comparable
It's a joke how people are acting defending her. If she went to GB News and the mail about her openly mocking Hillsborough and causing fights. She'd be told to fuck off.
But because she's used the grift of "no nufc banned me because I said trans women were men". It's got everyone who doesn't understand hook line and sinker

Whilst I don't agree with her, I would defend her right to express her opinion, however abhorrent it is.

To quote H.L. Mencken "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all."

It's a joke how people are acting defending her. If she went to GB News and the mail about her openly mocking Hillsborough and causing fights. She'd be told to fuck off.
But because she's used the grift of "no nufc banned me because I said trans women were men". It's got everyone who doesn't understand hook line and sinker
I think what's crazy is people are behaving like her human rights have been infringed or she's been thrown in jail.

If NUFC have decided they don't want her to come to the ground anymore because of the stupid shit she is posting online then that's just tough luck, maybe she'll think twice next time.

She's entitled to express her views. NUFC are entitled to decide they don't like it.
Whilst I don't agree with her, I would defend her right to express her opinion, however abhorrent it is.
She absolutely can express it though. That's why she hasn't been arrested.

Last edited:
I think what's crazy is people are behaving like her human rights have been infringed or she's been thrown in jail.

If NUFC have decided they don't want her to come to the ground anymore because of the stupid shit she is posting online then that's just tough luck, maybe she'll think twice next time.

She's entitled to express her views. NUFC are entitled to decide they don't like it.
Iirc it's not even a permanent ban she just had her membership revoked/suspended for a year. She kicked off making things worse and got her ban extended. If she just kept quiet and took it on the chin. She'd have been probably fine by next season or whatever

NUFC have only used 10 gender related tweets in their evidence against her. The Police said no crime has been committed with those specific tweets but NUFC banned her anyway.

I'm not defending her other tweets but if NUFC wanted to ban her for those ones, they should have included them in their evidence. NUFC did ban someone else recently for making offensive comments about the Munich air disaster so they are aware of the recent legislation regarding tragedy chanting/comments.

NUFC have only used 10 gender related tweets in their evidence against her. The Police said no crime has been committed with those specific tweets but NUFC banned her anyway.

I'm not defending her other tweets but if NUFC wanted to ban her for those ones, they should have included them in their evidence. NUFC did ban someone else recently for making offensive comments about the Munich air disaster so they are aware of the recent legislation regarding tragedy chanting/comments.
So? The tweets were obviously the final straw. I don't think it's acceptable to call transgender people paedophiles either

The gender tweets presented as evidence are classed as a philosophical belief under section 10 of the Equality Act. This makes them a protected characteristic and it's unlawful discrimination by NUFC to ban her for those beliefs.
So? The tweets were obviously the final straw. I don't think it's acceptable to call transgender people paedophiles either

Maybe so, but it's still discrimination by NUFC to ban her for the tweets.

Some transgender people are paedophiles, in the same way that some men are and some women are.

There was a recent case with a butcher in Scotland who abducted a girl and kept her hostage in his house while sexually abusing her. The girl was out in bad weather and he was presenting as a woman and offered her a lift. The girl willingly got in the car because he seemed like a nice lady and she wouldn't have gotten into the car if he'd been presenting as a man.

I found the girl's comments really chilling and upsetting. It's standard things you say as a parent. Don't get in a car with a strange man. If you need help, ask a nice lady.

This is why women are concerned as we cannot tell by looking who is a predatory trans and who is a law abiding trans.

Last edited:
The gender tweets presented as evidence are classed as a philosophical belief under section 10 of the Equality Act. This makes them a protected characteristic and it's unlawful discrimination by NUFC to ban her for those beliefs.
In that case her legal challenge will be successful and she'll be back at the match in no time. Much to the delight I'm sure of all the champions of free speech down at St James'.

What would be great is if Linzi Smith had engaged in some of the discussion we've seen on this thread instead of sitting in her bedroom like a keyboard warrior likening people to Nazis and paedophiles.

Maybe so, but it's still discrimination by NUFC to ban her for the tweets.

Some transgender people are paedophiles, in the same way that some men are and some women are.

There was a recent case with a butcher in Scotland who abducted a girl and kept her hostage in his house while sexually abusing her. The girl was out in bad weather and he was presenting as a woman and offered her a lift. The girl willingly got in the car because he seemed like a nice lady and she wouldn't have gotten into the car if he'd been presenting as a man.

I found the girl's comments really chilling and upsetting. It's standard things you say as a parent. Don't get in a car with a strange man. If you need help, ask a nice lady.

This is why women are concerned as we cannot tell by looking who is a predatory trans and who is a law abiding trans.
A nonce is nonce being transgender has nothing to do with it no?
If I tweeted all gay people are paedos because there was a case of a gay nonce touching boys I'd expect equal backlash
That's the last ill say on the matter

Can you tell a predatory anyone from a non predatory anyone though? If you can’t, then this is an issue with sexual predators not with any subset of them.

No but there are boundaries in place to protect women and children.

If a man walks into a female space, alarm is immediately raised because you know he shouldn't be there.

If a man presenting as a woman walks into a female space you don't know and you cannot challenge them, so if they are predatory they are able to carry out their crime.

No but there are boundaries in place to protect women and children.

If a man walks into a female space, alarm is immediately raised because you know he shouldn't be there.

If a man presenting as a woman walks into a female space you don't know and you cannot challenge them, so if they are predatory they are able to carry out their crime.
So then your issue is with men, not with sexual predators. I don’t have a problem with that. Freedom of association should extend to the right to choose to associate on any basis whatsoever. I just think you should admit it.

If she stands by her views why did she then delete her twitter account which had them on show?
She's posted some pretty questionable stuff over time and it's caught up with her. Now she's looking for sympathy clicks on social media.
I don't know, haven't really been following it, my point is about the threat to free speech in general. I have what some would say are questionable views, but as long as they are within the law, I don't expect to be punished for them, though from what I am seeing and hearing in the UK since 2015 , I'm quite certain I'm going to have to wind my neck in or face the consequences, so much for our so called FREEDOMS and DEMOCRACY, this is where we're at.

I don't know, haven't really been following it, my point is about the threat to free speech in general. I have what some would say are questionable views, but as long as they are within the law, I don't expect to be punished for them, though from what I am seeing and hearing in the UK since 2015 , I'm quite certain I'm going to have to wind my neck in or face the consequences, this is where we're at.
If you act like a dickhead in a pub the landlord has the right to bar you. People go on about free speech and rights. She can voice those opinions just like nufc have the right to ban her

I don't know, haven't really been following it, my point is about the threat to free speech in general. I have what some would say are questionable views, but as long as they are within the law, I don't expect to be punished for them, though from what I am seeing and hearing in the UK since 2015 , I'm quite certain I'm going to have to wind my neck in or face the consequences, so much for our so called FREEDOMS and DEMOCRACY, this is where we're at.
I'm fairly sure there will be more to this than we can see at the moment, and as has been mentioned her twitter feed that she deleted was a right mess of questionable views.

Back