Foden

He's obviously a decent player but the almost hysterical praise for anything he does is way over the top. I've seen the last 4 England games and his contribution has been pretty minimal. Admittedly I haven't seen that much Man City last year. Am I missing something?

He's obviously a decent player but the almost hysterical praise for anything he does is way over the top. I've seen the last 4 England games and his contribution has been pretty minimal. Admittedly I haven't seen that much Man City last year. Am I missing something?
If you’d watch Man City often then you’d kna what your missing

but once again great English players not reproducing their club form on the international arena

so it must be the England coaches

Last edited:
If you are then I’m missing it too, expect the thread to be full of replies saying you’re clueless but to me he’s got ability but looks like he’s the ultimate flatterer to deceive and I think he’s got his head stuck up his arse.

but once again great English players not reproducing their club form on the international arena

sp it must be the England coaches
It's a combination of things. He's playing with better players at City, in a league that is more open and where the emphasis is more on attacking. International football is more defensive and slower than the Premier League, and poses different problems.

He's a very good player, no doubt.

so it must be the England coaches
International coaches don't have the time to drill a system running like clockwork Man City . Southgate should find a simple but effective way of using the talent at his disposal ( lump it up to DCL ).

International coaches don't have the time to drill a system running like clockwork Man City . Southgate should find a simple but effective way of using the talent at his disposal ( lump it up to DCL ).
Or play it the English way fast flowing free style football what we 90 % of the time watch in the Premiership

not the boring slow pass back from defence continent style

Or play it the English way fast flowing free style football what we 90 % of the time watch in the Premiership

not the boring slow pass back from defence continent style
Erm the Premier League is awash with gifted foreign players. Not many sides I can think of that play fast free flowing football that are almost exclusively English.

And if a team is set up to sit in rather than attack then you cant just go out and play like that, as there's not space in behind etc. I do agree there should be more intensity to our game but the way you talk shows zero consideration for the opposition, their tactics and the different problems they pose.

Last edited:

We are all missing a coach that has the slightest idea how to set up an attacking system that optimises the talent our players have. The first glaring mistake is to play Foden on the right when he is left-footed. In this mis-firing team he's the only one that offers glimpses of attacking menace, but for some reason he's taken off when opposing teams might be tiring a little. Time and time again we see how the team pass backwards, no one makes those incisive passes or runs that cuts through the lines. Foden has to play in a free role, oscillating between midfield and attack, but basically operating from the middle or left and accompanied by other ball players such as Grealish. Given the alarming state of form of Kane, we could better play the Guardiola system and put the latter in a central position in attack and have Foden, Mount, Bellingham and Sancho rotating around him.

I think he's on the cusp of being world class, any suggestion that he isn't good enough should be dismissed, not against rotation though as we have several good attacking players.

We are all missing a coach that has the slightest idea how to set up an attacking system that optimises the talent our players have. The first glaring mistake is to play Foden on the right when he is left-footed. In this mis-firing team he's the only one that offers glimpses of attacking menace, but for some reason he's taken off when opposing teams might be tiring a little. Time and time again we see how the team pass backwards, no one makes those incisive passes or runs that cuts through the lines. Foden has to play in a free role, oscillating between midfield and attack, but basically operating from the middle or left and accompanied by other ball players such as Grealish. Given the alarming state of form of Kane, we could better play the Guardiola system and put the latter in a central position in attack and have Foden, Mount, Bellingham and Sancho rotating around him.
He often plays on the right for City mind, presumably looking for him to come inside.

Back