Foden

He's obviously a decent player but the almost hysterical praise for anything he does is way over the top. I've seen the last 4 England games and his contribution has been pretty minimal. Admittedly I haven't seen that much Man City last year. Am I missing something?
Top player who should not have been taken off last night, he was the only one that looked to make things happen. Should have taken Mount off and put Grealish running through the middle IMO.Kane and Sterling were living off scraps all night, even though they are both out of form.

International coaches don't have the time to drill a system running like clockwork Man City . Southgate should find a simple but effective way of using the talent at his disposal ( lump it up to DCL ).
The usual downfall of England teams in tournaments is 'simple'. We lack the footballing intelligence of the best teams and it always tells in the end. Nice lad but Southgate is the root of this with the current crop, and their talent is being wasted. Some of it is down to players too mind.

Compare to Mancini who seems to be getting his Italy team to play how he wants in a highly drilled and tactically aware fashion.

Back