FM11 - Your Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
editted the database to give me a little bit of a budget (only edited budget not finances), signed Rat and Donovan so far.

:?:

It's the same version you buy :lol:

Even patched it up with nee hassles, didn't even need a crack for the last patch.

It's FM, its always riddled with bugs.

Its a well known fact around the FM forums that if you using a copy version of the game you pay twice as much for transfers

I have been doing ok so far, I am in qf of League cup, sitting mid table and recieved £30m in transfers to spend in the Jan window.

Bringing in Jenas and Jo in Jan and will be sending Welbeck back. Signed Onouha full time on a pay monthly basis.

Gyan is tremendous up front with Bent and Hendo on the wing is fantastic.

henderson got player of the year in me first season like but tbh we were a bit shit. 15th not good enough.
doing well atm, sitting 6th. gyan is in great form

Its a well known fact around the FM forums that if you using a copy version of the game you pay twice as much for transfers

I'm guessing its the shitty Russian botch job one that came out first?

The Reloaded one seems to be working flawlessly as far as I can tell.

I've started a game with Crewe in div 2, into a playoff spot but most games are just 50/50 if I win or not. Bought in a totally new team with freebies, loans and over 35's.

Keep getting wrong again for putting in for better jobs. Do they f***ing fax my current club for a reference or some shit!?!?!

Last edited:
I'm guessing its the shitty Russian botch job one that came out first?

[BThe Reloaded one seems to be working flawlessly as far as I can tell

I've started a game with Crewe in div 2, into a playoff spot but most games are just 50/50 if I win or not. Bought in a totally new team with freebies, loans and over 35's.

Keep getting wrong again for putting in for better jobs. Do they f***ing fax my current club for a reference or some shit!?!?!

Indeed it is i might give reloaded's one a download

I'm using that Russian one, and having no problems at all. Transfers seem relatively sound. Nobody for any team has spent a fortune on someone, not even City. I think the highest I've seen was Real Madrid just bought Modric for £22m.

My game - SAFC from the other thread:

First season, cracking.

4-4-2 all season. Bent started out on fire, but as the season wore on was outshone by Campbell. Gyan was injured pre season so I didn't get him back until January, where he was a bit hit and miss. Welbeck was a waste of space. Gordon's pissed off because he wants to move to a bigger team, Porto are interested but for whatever reason, won't make a bid, he's banished to the reserves. Finished a respectable 9th, and delivered the League Cup to Wearside. Got beat off the Mags at their place 2-1, beat them 2-0 at ours, oh and they got relegated.

Mainly the starting lineup was when fit:

Gordon; Angeleri, Mensah, Bramble, Richardson; Kapo, Cattermole, Henderson, Elmohamady; Bent, Campbell.

Made loads of signings, but the squad, as I remember it for the forthcoming season is:

GK: Mignolet/Martin Hansen (Free, Liverpool)

LB: Richardson/Dodo (£1.5m, Corinthians)

RB: Angeleri/Bardsley (Good form rewarded new contract)

CB: Bramble, Turner, Sean Morrison (Cheap youth prospect, Orient), Darren O'Dea (Celtic, 500k), James Tomkins (£3m WHU)

Wingers: Ben Arfa (£2m Marseille), Henderson, Hourihane (Ipswich, Free), Anichebe (Everton 500k)

CM: Cattermole, Meyler, Colback, Petrucci (Free MUFC), Wallace (Free Everton), Gunnarson (Coventry 2.5m)

ATT: Bent, Gyan, Wickham (Ipswich £3m), Campbell, Noble

There's a couple more CBs but I can't remember whom. All I'm seeking now is a 3rd choice keeper. Sold quite a few, and got about £15m in the bank with nobody out there I desperately want. Might bring back Elmo, he was quality.

UEFA Cup qualifier coming up against some team from Luxembourg or something. Should be easy pickings. Stormed through the pre-season so far.

Couple of decent youths at SAFC too. Brett Elliott, whoever he maybe hit a cracking 30 yarder on his debut in the League Cup. He along with Jordan Laidler and Louis Laing were all regulars on the bench in that cup-run. Hoping to send them out on loan.

I had a pretty easy run mind. Hardest test was Chelsea (reserves) in the QF. Put out a stronger team than usual and got an early goal then shut up shop. Palace in the Semi, beat me at home 1-0, then went down to theirs and gubbed them 5-0. Beat Stoke in the final 3-0 (Elmo two and Henderson).

Also had no trouble selling players in the Russian one? Shifted unhappy Riveros, Da Silva, Ferdinand, Reid, Malbranque with no fuss. Only Gordon being stubborn.

Also on FM11 I love the Private Chats. Players are idiots.

I had one with Louis Laing, it had been suggested by Eric Black that he could learn from Turner. He already had from Mensah, and Turner, although no great shakes in real life, ended the season with an average of 7.20. the conversation went as so:

Me: I think you could learn from Turner
LL: I'm not keen on that idea
Me: Well why not just give it a go?
LL: Ok, I'm convinced, anything else to discuss?

Didn't have to try too hard to convince the brat!

10 games into the season and I lie in 2nd place in the Premier League table.

I've beaten the Chelsea and Spurs 1-0 at home, beaten Wigan 3-1 at home drew 2-2 and 3-3 at home to Stoke and West Ham respectively, beaten Blackburn and Birmingham 3-1 away and Blackpool 3-2 away, and been hammered 4-0 off Liverpool away and I can't remember who the other game was against but I won it.

I've been playing a 4-4-2 diamond, with the following starting 11:

Gordon

Onouha Turner Bramble Richardson

Riveros

Henderson--------------Al-Muhammadi

Jenas

Bent Gyan

Gyan is by far and away my best performer so far with 8 goals in 10 games. Welbeck was doing excellently before dislocating his shoulder too. Bent is working his way back from broken ribs and is starting to come into form. Al-Muhammadi and Henderson have been superb and Riveros is a beast as the holding midfielder. I feel I could improve on Onouha and Richardson (although he did score twice against Stoke to seal my comeback from 2-0 down) and I'll be looking to sign a couple of full-backs in January if I get any cash from Ellis.

So far, so good :cool:

Nedum Onouha was shite for me, sent him back in January

decided to start at the bottom for the first time in FM so i'm now the new manager of Blyth. Not surprisingly i've got no money to buy, had just about enough wages to wheel and deal a few new coaches and a few free transfers but thats it for the season i expect.

My usual 4-4-1-1 got me through the friendlies reasonably well after a worrying start but its onto the league games tonight.

I'm liking the match preperation section, think i'll set up a 4-2-3-1 to have as my secondary tactic possibly a more defensive set up for my 3rd. Not so keen on the player interaction after my first experience ended badly, I can't even remember what i suggested but he didn't like it at all.

Also had no trouble selling players in the Russian one? Shifted unhappy Riveros, Da Silva, Ferdinand, Reid, Malbranque with no fuss. Only Gordon being stubborn.

Also on FM11 I love the Private Chats. Players are idiots.

I had one with Louis Laing, it had been suggested by Eric Black that he could learn from Turner. He already had from Mensah, and Turner, although no great shakes in real life, ended the season with an average of 7.20. the conversation went as so:

Me: I think you could learn from Turner
LL: I'm not keen on that idea
Me: Well why not just give it a go?
LL: Ok, I'm convinced, anything else to discuss?

Didn't have to try too hard to convince the brat!
i hadd one with one of my defenders at stafford who i pulled off at half time.

gave away a penalty got booked, gave the ball away to gift them a second and was f***ing shocking and was rated 3.30 so i say

your performance was unacceptable.
he says
i thought i played well in the last game.

i ws f***ing gobsmacked, i considered terminating his contract there and then

just demolished boro 6-0 at their place. gyan is f***ing immense

just got ipswich promoted but im about -100k in wages :lol: think i might get the sack soon :-(

january second season. sitting 6th, went on a great run of 7 wins and we havent failed to score in a very long time.
freshen up to push upwards. got jack wilshere on loan with agreed fee of £22m and expecting garrido to sign. also brought in 3 kids for under 18 team, one of them will be one of the best defenders in the country. man utd sniffing after me homegrown wonderkid like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back