FM 2014 Beta thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just ignore the star rating unless you laptop is a brick and years old.
Runs the call of duty games fine so gonna see what it's like. Ran 13 ok, wasn't unplayable.

Took over Real Madrid to get used to the tactics as I've never really gotten into FM for years and will no doubt get battered if I start with the lads.

Started a new game on this last night

Got rid of De Fanti & Taricco straight away. Replaced them with Damien Comolli & Eric Black

In: Keisuki Honda (MC) £1.5m, Jorge Fucile (DR/L) £4.4m, Simone Padoin (MR/L) Loan

Out: Larsson £5m :eek:, Ji £1.8m

Cardiff (H) - W 3-1
Fulham (A) - W 2-1
Portsmouth (A) W 4-0
Liverpool (H) - L 2-1
Man C (A) - L 2-1 - not bad after finishing with 9 men and being fined nor not controlling my players

Enjoying it so far

[DOUBLEPOST=1383035340][/DOUBLEPOST]
FFS my laptop is saying half a star for performance and game speed!

Recommend me a laptop lads! £600 tops.

I'm thinking of buying a new one as well, let me know if you find anything decent.
I thought mine was going to explode last night it was making that much noise.
Didn't know laptops could get that hot

Last edited:
Had some crashing issues since the update. Thinking about starting a new game anyway so won't be too bothered, enjoying my game atm but I want a new 1 to start with because now I know what should be done in the first season.

Anyway in my current one I'm in 5th or 6th going into January, same situation as last season, same points with 30 after 19 games as last season, last season I only finished on 48 points so really struggled in second half of the season, got a feeling we won't struggle as much but we won't do as well in the second half of this season. Pleased with how things are going though considering my wages is under 650k a week, 200-300k less than last season. Still really struggling against the big sides in the league, as expected but we never really put up much of a fight against them, especially away.

Altidore has been class so far this season, Liverpool have made enquires about him. Southampton want Johnson off me but because I sold Giac then I need to keep him as apart from Johnson, my wingers are absolutely woeful. Which is why I have changed my tactic to a 5-3-2, using wing backs instead of wingers which has been a pretty good tactic so far, used that for probably the last 7 games or so, beat the scum 4-1 at home. 2 wins and a draw I've had against them now.

Bought my copy from Gameseek for £26 which has just been dispatched today. I never played FM13 but I did used to play FM12 which I enjoyed very much, the time used to vanish and I didn't get much sleep. Can't wait for it to arrive, probably tomorrow or Thursday.

Bought my copy from Gameseek for £26 which has just been dispatched today. I never played FM13 but I did used to play FM12 which I enjoyed very much, the time used to vanish and I didn't get much sleep. Can't wait for it to arrive, probably tomorrow or Thursday.
Never used Gameseek before how good are they for deliveries ?

Never used Gameseek before how good are they for deliveries ?
I don't know mate this is the first time I've ordered through them, I only did so because it was cheaper, they are registered through play.com that is why I trusted them. it has been posted today standard delivery so fingers crossed it comes tomorrow although I doubt it, probably Thursday.

I'm looking at the Lenovo Z585.

AMD A10 with dedicated graphics. Decent enough at £400ish - Decent enough for MMO's which I only play on PC's anyway.

Had some good results last night

Arsenal (A), W 2-1, managed to hold on despite having another player sent off, 3 off in 2 games now
W Ham (A) Lg Cup, W 2-1
A Villa (H), W 4-0 Borini hat-trick, he's got 6 in 7 games now, working well with Altidore
Stoke (H), W 3-0

Giaccherini is class on this, after 7 games he's got an average rating of 8.00
The only player in the league with a better rating is David Vaughan with 8.10, after i let him go to W ham on a free with a 35% sell on clause :rolleyes:

anybody else struggling with the finances as SAFC? Might start again tonight haha

On Loyalty bonuses do they still get paid when their contract runs out or is it only when they get sold?

Logon or register to see this image

Made a mistake of not checking what i got for Cuellar and i seen 25k a bargain for Brown just to free up his 51k a week wages before accepting and sent Yobo back to free up some wages for Honda.

The latest update f*cked my save, game kept on quitting unexpectadly around the same point, happened 3 times or so, I've started a new one because of that which was a shame because I was in 5th place with Sunderland in the second season.

First 2 results of my new save were:

West Ham 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 5-2 Cardiff

Wickham scored a hat-trick in the 5-2 win against Cardiff, only started because Fletcher wasn't fit.

This time I have removed as much of the deadwood as I could. Although I couldn't even get rid of Brown or Vaughan even for free. Brown situation is really p*ssing me off because hes contracted until June 2015 and I can't even get rid of him for free. 51k a week, going to cost the club several millions over that time and with 1.8m being repaid from debts a month. Anything like that will not help matters. Couldn't get rid of Gardner as well even for 1m, apart from those Larsson went for £5m which I was happy about. Ji went for £4.5m, Colback went for about £2m, Cuellar went for about £250k.

Tried to bring in Honda but he chose Inter instead, thats twice now I have missed the chance on getting him on both saves, he chose AC Milan in the other one. Brought in a couple of WB's on loan, can't remember the names of them because I'm at work atm. Brought in John Mensah on a free, as well as Zuciullini and Momo Sissoko on a free. Got Anderson in on loan as well. I'm fairly happy with the team although defence is going to probably be tough for us to get anywhere higher than 10-15th this season probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back