Flying

Whenever you say you work abroad people always think it’s great, and tbf I do like being abroad. The travelling is a ball ache tho, stressful as fuck.

However, I’d rather do this a few times a month than sit in that traffic over the Tyne up to Kingston park every day, how the fuck do people do that?

Yup. Done that. Hpool to tvte for about 17 years. Ferk that.

Currently on my favourite mode of transport, grand central!

Like I said previously mate, been doing it 2 years and normally get here about 10 past 7ish. To me that’s plenty room for error (obviously not enough) must have been a crash or something further up cos it was gridlock from metro centre to past Airport turn off. I went A1 like, will leave at 6 next time.

It was sound past washy services and the team valley, didn’t slow down till swalwell then just f***ing stopped.

Fair enough marra, hope your onward journey is less hassle than this morning's debacle!

The 9 hours in Heathrow will be a ball-ache to say the least like.

Fair enough marra, hope your onward journey is less hassle than this morning's debacle!

The 9 hours in Heathrow will be a ball-ache to say the least like.

I’ve gotta change terminals anarl, into 5 and out of 2. At least it’ll pass the time a bit. Could’ve gone into London for the day but knowing my luck the tubes with break down and I’ll miss another flight.

Currently sat in Ponteland airport stewing over what a f***ing polava the whole experience is.

Have to do it a canny bit for Work and it’s a f***ing pain like. Left home in Stockton at 0630 this morning, in steady traffic it takes an hour to get to the airport. Needed to be here at 0820 latest to check my bags in. Walked through the door of the airport at 0822, at the desk for 25 past and they wouldn’t accept the bags. All because of some helmets on the roads. Nevermind.

Now have a 90 minute wait here, a 9 hour wait in Heathrow and a 3 hour wait in Athens, should get to where I’m headed about 10 hours late.

This is before I even think about being squashed next to some smelly, morbidly obese bellend dribbling pop and crumbs all down themselves.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Should have gone to Heathrow in the first place

This appears to have been your problem...

"At approximately 7am, a lorry was involved in a two-vehicle crash at Junction 68 of the A1 - the Lobley Hill interchange - causing some morning disruption.
Shortly afterwards, three vehicles collided on the northbound A1 near Kingston Park at Junction 78.

Police were called to the scene and the road is partially blocked."

This appears to have been your problem...

"At approximately 7am, a lorry was involved in a two-vehicle crash at Junction 68 of the A1 - the Lobley Hill interchange - causing some morning disruption.
Shortly afterwards, three vehicles collided on the northbound A1 near Kingston Park at Junction 78.

Police were called to the scene and the road is partially blocked."
Hope they were all ok after the OP called them helmets

Currently sat in Ponteland airport stewing over what a f***ing polava the whole experience is.

Have to do it a canny bit for Work and it’s a f***ing pain like. Left home in Stockton at 0630 this morning, in steady traffic it takes an hour to get to the airport. Needed to be here at 0820 latest to check my bags in. Walked through the door of the airport at 0822, at the desk for 25 past and they wouldn’t accept the bags. All because of some helmets on the roads. Nevermind.

Now have a 90 minute wait here, a 9 hour wait in Heathrow and a 3 hour wait in Athens, should get to where I’m headed about 10 hours late.

This is before I even think about being squashed next to some smelly, morbidly obese bellend dribbling pop and crumbs all down themselves.

You were late, can’t see how that is anyone’s fault but you own. Poor time management, only leaving an hour to get to the airport.

You want to try doing it for a living....;)

Back