Flying

You were late, can’t see how that is anyone’s fault but you own. Poor time management, only leaving an hour to get to the airport.

Dunno where you got your watch from mate, but by mine 0630 to 0820 is 1hr 50. If it was a 1hr 50 journey then I’d agree, but it’s a 40 minute journey and took over twice that.

This appears to have been your problem...

"At approximately 7am, a lorry was involved in a two-vehicle crash at Junction 68 of the A1 - the Lobley Hill interchange - causing some morning disruption.
Shortly afterwards, three vehicles collided on the northbound A1 near Kingston Park at Junction 78.

Police were called to the scene and the road is partially blocked."

Thanks mate, at least I’ve got a reason to show the gaffer. Have you got a link to that please?

Look at me. Grow up ya f***ing nonce.

:lol::lol:

40 minutes from Stockton to Ponteland? You flying there as well?

That’s how long it normally takes like, 45 tops.

Aye some going that tbf.

Done it in 42 mins from hpool but in the middle of the night, Stocktons a good 6/7 mile further.

Takes me 10 mins to get to Bradbury services and then it’s half an hour from there usually. I do normally drive with a lead foot which may shave 7 minutes off but leaving 1hr 50 should definitely be enough.

Currently sat in Ponteland airport stewing over what a f***ing polava the whole experience is.

Have to do it a canny bit for Work and it’s a f***ing pain like. Left home in Stockton at 0630 this morning, in steady traffic it takes an hour to get to the airport. Needed to be here at 0820 latest to check my bags in. Walked through the door of the airport at 0822, at the desk for 25 past and they wouldn’t accept the bags. All because of some helmets on the roads. Nevermind.

Now have a 90 minute wait here, a 9 hour wait in Heathrow and a 3 hour wait in Athens, should get to where I’m headed about 10 hours late.

This is before I even think about being squashed next to some smelly, morbidly obese bellend dribbling pop and crumbs all down themselves.

Hope you are all having a good day.

HEY LOOK AT ME... IM A JET SETTER.

Thanks mate, at least I’ve got a reason to show the gaffer. Have you got a link to that please?

Because I'm nice, it's in this link somewhere...
North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic and travel

I’m i Bucharest airport and it’s better than expected.

Hope this helps

I always had Bucharest airport down as one of the worst I had to travel to for work.
Nowhere near as much as Charles de Hellhole though.

Dunno where you got your watch from mate, but by mine 0630 to 0820 is 1hr 50. If it was a 1hr 50 journey then I’d agree, but it’s a 40 minute journey and took over twice that.

:lol::lol:

I got it from wiggle, bit of a discount too IIRC. You obviously didn’t leave enough time otherwise you wouldn’t have been late.

I got it from wiggle, bit of a discount too IIRC. You obviously didn’t leave enough time otherwise you wouldn’t have been late.

This is true, I wouldn’t have been late had I left enough time. We just never know when there’s going to be roadworks and the tarmac isn’t going to set do we?

Seems like an appropriate thread to twist on, but I f***ing hate those new automated border control machines. f***ing shit and much slower.
But the ones in Paris keep you in the little booth if you are a "person of interest"* based on your fingerprint, thus making the world, or at least France, a safer place.

*Based on what I was told by French police, not personal experience!

Last edited:
Currently sat in Ponteland airport stewing over what a f***ing polava the whole experience is.

Have to do it a canny bit for Work and it’s a f***ing pain like. Left home in Stockton at 0630 this morning, in steady traffic it takes an hour to get to the airport. Needed to be here at 0820 latest to check my bags in. Walked through the door of the airport at 0822, at the desk for 25 past and they wouldn’t accept the bags. All because of some helmets on the roads. Nevermind.

Now have a 90 minute wait here, a 9 hour wait in Heathrow and a 3 hour wait in Athens, should get to where I’m headed about 10 hours late.

This is before I even think about being squashed next to some smelly, morbidly obese bellend dribbling pop and crumbs all down themselves.

Hope you are all having a good day.
My last flight was 3 1/2 years ago now. One of the happiest days of my life when I knew I would never have to endure that shite ever again.

Back