Flying

Currently sat in Ponteland airport stewing over what a f***ing polava the whole experience is.

Have to do it a canny bit for Work and it’s a f***ing pain like. Left home in Stockton at 0630 this morning, in steady traffic it takes an hour to get to the airport. Needed to be here at 0820 latest to check my bags in. Walked through the door of the airport at 0822, at the desk for 25 past and they wouldn’t accept the bags. All because of some helmets on the roads. Nevermind.

Now have a 90 minute wait here, a 9 hour wait in Heathrow and a 3 hour wait in Athens, should get to where I’m headed about 10 hours late.

This is before I even think about being squashed next to some smelly, morbidly obese bellend dribbling pop and crumbs all down themselves.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Currently sat in Ponteland airport stewing over what a f***ing polava the whole experience is.

Have to do it a canny bit for Work and it’s a f***ing pain like. Left home in Stockton at 0630 this morning, in steady traffic it takes an hour to get to the airport. Needed to be here at 0820 latest to check my bags in. Walked through the door of the airport at 0822, at the desk for 25 past and they wouldn’t accept the bags. All because of some helmets on the roads. Nevermind.

Now have a 90 minute wait here, a 9 hour wait in Heathrow and a 3 hour wait in Athens, should get to where I’m headed about 10 hours late.

This is before I even think about being squashed next to some smelly, morbidly obese bellend dribbling pop and crumbs all down themselves.

Where you going?

Work for a few big retailers n one in particular jetsets allover, arizona, new york, allover europe. Sounds class.

Speaking to him in more depth it sounds fecking shit. Spends 50% of his life in an airport or plane.

Hope you username doesnt come back to haunt you.

I would have got there for around 08-00 to make sure, good luck in Athens by the way ...

Sounds like you fucked up.

I was doing between 150 and 200 flights for a few years and never missed a single one.

For precisely the reason you mention. It's a load of hassle.

Work for a few big retailers n one in particular jetsets allover, arizona, new york, allover europe. Sounds class.

Speaking to him in more depth it sounds fecking shit. Spends 50% of his life in an airport or plane.

Whenever you say you work abroad people always think it’s great, and tbf I do like being abroad. The travelling is a ball ache tho, stressful as fuck.

However, I’d rather do this a few times a month than sit in that traffic over the Tyne up to Kingston park every day, how the fuck do people do that?

Sounds like you fucked up.

I was doing between 150 and 200 flights for a few years and never missed a single one.

For precisely the reason you mention. It's a load of hassle.

I’ve been doing this 2 years this month and this is the first time I’ve not made it in time like. Normally takes 40 minutes to do the journey, I left at 0630 and it took 2 hours. There’s only so much you can do, otherwise might as well have came last night.

towards a nervous breakdown it seems:);)
:lol::lol::lol:

Surely you'd account for that though? It's not as if Stockton is the West End of Newcastle where you've got room for error. If you travelled up on the A19 then more fool you as it's the worst road in the north.

Surely you'd account for that though? It's not as if Stockton is the West End of Newcastle where you've got room for error. If you travelled up on the A19 then more fool you as it's the worst road in the north.

Like I said previously mate, been doing it 2 years and normally get here about 10 past 7ish. To me that’s plenty room for error (obviously not enough) must have been a crash or something further up cos it was gridlock from metro centre to past Airport turn off. I went A1 like, will leave at 6 next time.

It was sound past washy services and the team valley, didn’t slow down till swalwell then just f***ing stopped.

It is utterly shit. I was doing two weekly trips from Heathrow to Atlanta at one point. Out on a Monday afternoon and flying back overnight Thursday. Ended up with a nausea/vertigo feeling

It is utterly shit. I was doing two weekly trips from Heathrow to Atlanta at one point. Out on a Monday afternoon and flying back overnight Thursday. Ended up with a nausea/vertigo feeling

All the lads are normally ruined for 2 days when we get there like. It’s not like it’s jet lag or anything like that, just seems to take it out of you.

Go by sea or drive,pal.

Worth the three months travel time.

Back