Florida

Went there about 10 years running up until about 5 years ago.
The price of everything has just rocketed ridiculously.
Theme park tickets are stupid prices nowadays.
A phenomenal holiday destination all the same but far too expensive IMO.

I’ve been every second year three times in a row up until last year. It was getting a bit samey. Definitely couldn’t do it every year. I think every 5 years is more reasonable not just for the price but to give them time to change things and build new stuff to see.

We we’re there last year and are looking to get booked back up for 2020(family of 4). Popped into TUI on my way back to work and got a quote for £9k for 2 weeks in June staying in the french quarter, that with the quick service dining and universal tickets which doesn’t seem too bad considering all the prices have gone up. Anyone got any travel agents they can recommend trying? Any advice will be appreciated to try and keep cost down. Cheers!
Ocean Florida mate. Booked with them previously, spot on. Going again late July. 10 nights in port Orleans resort, upgrade to sit down Disney dining, then 7 nights on international drive,we are mixing it up a bit this time. Ocean Florida have given us free tickets for gatorland, travel to Clearwater beach for a day, a visit to boggy creek, and a meal at hard rock cafe. First time we've been in July mind , can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect.

I’d look at booking everything individually. The main savings we made were on flights and car hire, and flying BA into Tampa instead of Orlando saved us a fair bit but you’d have to factor in flying from Gatwick. Have you looked into upgrading from quick service to table service? There is that extra cost, but you’d be paying to eat out anyway, which you’d then save on.
Table service upgrade works for us like. Although last time we stopped in a deluxe Disney hotel and it's included. The price worked out roughly the same but scored on the hotel.

Last edited:
Ocean Florida mate. Booked with them previously, spot on. Going again late July. 10 nights in port Orleans resort, upgrade to sit down Disney dining, then 7 nights on international drive,we are mixing it up a bit this time. Ocean Florida have given us free tickets for gatorland, travel to Clearwater beach for a day, a visit to boggy creek, and a meal at hard rock cafe. First time we've been in July mind , can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect.

Table service upgrade works for us like. Although last time we stopped in a deluxe Disney hotel and it's included. The price worked out roughly the same but scored on the hotel.
Did you book everything through them mate? How much you paying if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve been every second year three times in a row up until last year. It was getting a bit samey. Definitely couldn’t do it every year. I think every 5 years is more reasonable not just for the price but to give them time to change things and build new stuff to see.
Disagree I’ve been 3 times in last 18 months and have barely scratched the surface of things to do

Yes, unfortunately.

Aye. It's were £260 each with virgin or something. Have to add on £80 fuel and £40 hotel, but still canny.

It's the park tickets that push the price up. I could do a fortnight family of 5 in a villa in Florida including flights for about £2300.
Aye mate, we just got the train down, think it worked out about 90 quid return for the 4 of us (2 kids) From Durham. Stopped at the premier inn which is a 10 second walk into the terminal.

I know what you mean about the park tickets! Going with our mates next year, we were supposed to be going in September but his little one turns 3 in July, so we are going in May instead otherwise it would be another 800 quid in tickets for a 3 yo.

Aye mate, we just got the train down, think it worked out about 90 quid return for the 4 of us (2 kids) From Durham. Stopped at the premier inn which is a 10 second walk into the terminal.

I know what you mean about the park tickets! Going with our mates next year, we were supposed to be going in September but his little one turns 3 in July, so we are going in May instead otherwise it would be another 800 quid in tickets for a 3 yo.
How did you manage to get the cases from kk to Gatwick?

Yes mate, everything.£7600 I gather.disney passes, Disney dining upgrade for 10 nights, then 7 nights in a nice hotel just off international drive.thats for 3 of us.
Just booked up earlier For 4 of us in June next year. Conorado springs in Disney, quick service dining plan, Disney and universal tickets for 14 days. £7254. That’s from Newcastle on the Dreamliner aswell. Buzzing!

Been pricing all day, 14 night in Animal Kingdom Lodge, 14 day Disney passes, 4 day universal passes, table dining plan, next May.
£8700 for 3 of us. Done the same 3 years ago for £6k

Where are people using for their park tickets?

Me and the mrs have just booked up to go again this year in July and I'm struggling to find a decent price for the 14 day unlimited pass for all the parks for less than £735 each!

Back