Florida

I noticed today in the news the mentioned universal are building a new theme park, not far from their existing parks.
Didn't see that. So that'd be 3 Parks and a Water Park. They're really trying to catch up to the Mouse eh? Shame they couldn't go in with Paramount - those guys have been wanting some mega-parks for decades, but it never comes off. So much IP there too.

Didn't see that. So that'd be 3 Parks and a Water Park. They're really trying to catch up to the Mouse eh? Shame they couldn't go in with Paramount - those guys have been wanting some mega-parks for decades, but it never comes off. So much IP there too.
Talk is they're doing a Nintendo land along with other stuff.

Has anyone been in January? Booked for next year and not sure what clothes to take.

Looking at previous years it's all over the place, so I guess I answered my own question.

Has anyone been in January? Booked for next year and not sure what clothes to take.

Looking at previous years it's all over the place, so I guess I answered my own question.
I’ve been early Feb the 4th onwards this year was pretty decent but unseasonably warm I was told. I’d imagine it will still be in the 20’s in Jan

We went Xmas and New Year a couple of years back, we were there for 16 nights glorious for 10 days (sunny and hot) and then 2 days of rain, then on and off but overall it was warm enough. I had nothing other than shirts/t-shirts and just bought 1 jumper whilst there for the rainy days. Was quiet in Disney, even Xmas Day. Enjoy, fab family holiday.

Exactly right. Anything from minus 5 2 years ago to plus 18 this year!

Early Jan can be mega busy I hear, but I'd love to go late Jan

Im in Disney at present, it's all over the news.ive seen a impression of the plans, new hotel, shopping malls the lot . Huge project, looking at 5 years minimum to knock that up.nintendo was mentioned, but universal are staying tight lipped. It seems the biggest test is getting all the customers transported around the parks.thats the one thing Disney are great at They are testing all the new gondalas currently, ready to switch on shortly. Very impressive I must say .

There’s a possibility that any time between December and February we will get about one week of (relatively) very cold weather. Hovering around freezing for a few days. No real way to predict when it will come and sometimes it never does but there it is, the one week winter of central Florida.

There’s a possibility that any time between December and February we will get about one week of (relatively) very cold weather. Hovering around freezing for a few days. No real way to predict when it will come and sometimes it never does but there it is, the one week winter of central Florida.
I'm there for the whole month of jan Doni pack big coats?

i was there in January 2018. It was warm enough one day to sunbathe at discovery cove, and a couple of days later they were knocking ice off the hanging cauldrons at universal and rides were closed due to it being too cold. You need to be ready for both.

i was there in January 2018. It was warm enough one day to sunbathe at discovery cove, and a couple of days later they were knocking ice off the hanging cauldrons at universal and rides were closed due to it being too cold. You need to be ready for both.

Cheers. I'll turn up prepared.

Aye, my folks were there then. About 0C most days, but windy as fuck, which totally ripped the heat out of them. They were canny miserable tbh.
Then this year, Jan 2019 2 folks from work went, and were shorts and T shirts the whole time.

lol

Cheers. I'll turn up prepared.
I would take layers rather than a big coat. Easier to add or subtract. If you carry a backpack or something, you can stash a jumper or sweat shirt in there and maybe a shell suit cagoule type thingy if needed for rain or wind protection.

looking to go to Florida next year, bout September. Didn’t realise how expensive it is to get there. Do people just use virgin or Thomson or is there other options, cheaper preferably.

Was hoping to pay no more that £1500 for the hotels and flights.

Is international drive still the place to stay or is Disney/universal a better option? Been 20yr since I was there.
Just got back last week. Inbox me if you need any info

Back