Florida

Thought it was something like 5am/6am GMT that you had to be on as they open as soon as it's the "new day" at midnight in USA? Got a bit of revision still as it's next month ours are released

Nah, 12 our time. If you're going August it'll still be tricky to get one, at least at a reasonable time.

Going to Disney for a fortnight in 4 weeks time with our Lass and the bairns, got all the park tickets and the fast passes are all booked, it seems a bit regimental for my liking but I can’t wait. Looking at a sun holiday for later in the year to get over it ! Ha.

Thought it was something like 5am/6am GMT that you had to be on as they open as soon as it's the "new day" at midnight in USA? Got a bit of revision still as it's next month ours are released

They open early their time. I think it's 11am fit ADR our time and an hour later for fast pass.

Nah, 12 our time. If you're going August it'll still be tricky to get one, at least at a reasonable time.

12th August first day in WDW. So yep it will be busy although seemingly it's "quieter" then the weeks before it.

They open early their time. I think it's 11am fit ADR our time and an hour later for fast pass.

Was sure last time we went I was booking the FPs in the early hours. Or It wwit first time we went. Anyway, will make sure I am fully clues up again by next month.

Going to Disney for a fortnight in 4 weeks time with our Lass and the bairns, got all the park tickets and the fast passes are all booked, it seems a bit regimental for my liking but I can’t wait. Looking at a sun holiday for later in the year to get over it ! Ha.
Trust me, you’ll never want to do a ‘normal’ holiday again :D

You’ll have a mint time

I'll probably see you there! Where are you staying.

They changed it so that it's more like 7am US time, and about 11am for us.

It really is regimental these days - BUT take the positive side

In the 90's I remember routinely standing in hour long miserable queues, in the heat, burning to death.

These days, you barely queue more than 15 mins for anything if you get everything sorted a month before you go.

Get yourself on the Busy Day planner, decide which days you're going to which parks, then get as many fastpasses booked as you can. And remember, if you're there for park opening (ropedrop) you will get on 2 rides without any queue.

Last edited:
They changed it so that it's more like 7am US time, and about 11am for us.

It really is regimental these days - BUT take the positive side

In the 90's I remember routinely standing in hour long miserable queues, in the heat, burning to death.

These days, you barely queue more than 15 mins for anything if you get everything sorted a month before you go.

Get yourself on the Busy Day planner, decide which days you're going to which parks, then get as many fastpasses booked as you can. And remember, if you're there for park opening (ropedrop) you will get on 2 rides without any queue.
Knew I had done it early morning. Cheers.

It's true that it is regimented but it makes you days better if you plan ahead. Someone I work with thought I was over the top when I told them to plan their days and routes in parks for FPs. They didn't bother with any planning and she then informed me after her holiday that they didn't queue that much really and how seven dwarves had only been a bit more than an hour......... I just kept quiet about how we walked straight on that ride and did two or three others in the first hour or so at MK.

Toy Story land meddling with our plans. Hollywood Studios opening from 8am virtually every day once it opens including when we are there.

Makes our breakfast reservation pointless now. Had booked initially an expected quieter day knowing we'd get into the park before official opening so can get to front of queue for Jedi Academy registration. And no options available for earlier.

Toy Story land meddling with our plans. Hollywood Studios opening from 8am virtually every day once it opens including when we are there.

Makes our breakfast reservation pointless now. Had booked initially an expected quieter day knowing we'd get into the park before official opening so can get to front of queue for Jedi Academy registration. And no options available for earlier.

I enjoy the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast but Hollywood & Vine gets rubbish reviews overall. We used the early reservation to get booked onto Jedi Training.

I enjoy the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast but Hollywood & Vine gets rubbish reviews overall. We used the early reservation to get booked onto Jedi Training.

Yeah reviews weren't great but whole plan was simply because we're staying at the Dolphin so easy to get in for breakfast and meant we could get Jedi Academy easy enough. Now we will have to queue early at the gates and run!! :)

Yeah reviews weren't great but whole plan was simply because we're staying at the Dolphin so easy to get in for breakfast and meant we could get Jedi Academy easy enough. Now we will have to queue early at the gates and run!! :)

Save you £120 on the breakfast at least.

Save you £120 on the breakfast at least.

Gulp..... aye it will save a good whack. Going to cost us a canny whack the first week when we're staying onsite at Dophin and Royal Pacific. Gonna have to train the kids to stuff there faces so that they can miss a meal a day!!!

Back