Floaters Mill reopened yet again

The last landlord who had it for any length of time was that fat lad who had it circa 95-2000ish. He was a bit of a tit, but it did ok.

I think he was a mag though.

It's had about 25 managers in the last two years.

I used to get in their regularly and I would have personally removed any mag shite from the wall. 😂

Technically not Sunderland, about half a mile from the border.
Singing fuck off Kevin Keegan on the karaoke got us barred a few times.

Loads of black and white we went to school with live down there and have stayed there, lifting but it is what it is.
All plastic fuckers.
The place has all the facilities to be a great pub, the brewery hasn't helped any of the last ten landlords & they are trying to sell it, it's an absolute dump at the minute, I popped in for a pint to see what it was like under the new ownership, I couldn't have drank it any quicker than I did to get out!
Ya can't blame the brewery for the management not keeping the place tidy and giving it a lick of paint.

The outdoor seating area was manky. Fag butts all ower, other bits of paraaphernalia, empty crisp packets.

They've got some fairly newish looking tables and chairs strewn all over the car park, yet the ones nearest the pub in the patio area are extremely worn and falling to bits. Why not bin them and use the decent ones?

Obviously too interested in getting pissed than to do owt with the place.

Even the framed mag shirt in the bar had fallen down inside the frame.

Absolute dump, when it could be so much more. There's not a lot of nice pubs in the area with a beer garden for weekends like the one we've just had - hence us giving it a chance. Never again.
Could be a great pub. Opens when they feel like and barcode tops on display. Took the family in last weekend and straight back out when I saw the mag shirts.

Dun cow is the best option in summer. We regularly go there with the kids.

I’ve recently moved to Hetton and when heading through that way surprised how many mags there are.

It’s the equivalent of having a Sunlun pub in say Wallsend and displaying colours. I won’t be spending money in the place and surprised they get off so lightly.

I’m from Shields originally and remember the likes of the Westoe and the Cyprus having bother and windows put out for being mag pubs.
All plastics man. Noticeable 'cos they insist on wearing their barcodes day in day out. Scruffs.

Last edited:
I’ve only ever been in the Dun Cow once, about five years ago. Used to drive past it loads and always thought it looked lovely so one sunny day decided to go there and thought I’ll have a few pint and leave the car ….make a day of it … Had one and left… looked like it was about to close. Had a tv on a table and about 3 people sat around it watching tv as if they were at home. Only had carling on draft and about 3 choices of bottles in fridge ….. I’m assuming it’s under different management now.
The Dun Cow has a canny beer garden too.

I’ve only ever been in the Dun Cow once, about five years ago. Used to drive past it loads and always thought it looked lovely so one sunny day decided to go there and thought I’ll have a few pint and leave the car ….make a day of it … Had one and left… looked like it was about to close. Had a tv on a table and about 3 people sat around it watching tv as if they were at home. Only had carling on draft and about 3 choices of bottles in fridge ….. I’m assuming it’s under different management now.
I called for Sunday dinner a few months back and the food was fantastic.

I might give it another try then 👍🏽

Food in the Dun Cow is spot on like. Best place round there and the beer garden is ideal (although a little run down) could do loads more with it.

I don’t get how you could make such a pigs ear of running somewhere like the floaters like.

Seems the current tenants are intent on running the place in to the ground and with their mag crack in a Sunlun area, odd that’s you’d put off a load of potential customers with shit like that on the wall.

Hope so. Serves the mag twat right for the display of his mag memorabilia.
Was only a matter of time, to be fair it had nowt to do with the mag, the brewery aren't helping any of the landlords but he didn't do himself any favours, it's a strange old pub

Back