Floaters Mill reopened yet again

Gutmackem

Striker
Looks like the latest management are making a good go of it, the glasses have been left in the beer garden for the last 4 days!
If the last lot couldn't make a go of it I can't see anyone making it!

I only live round the corner and used to go fairly frequently but haven't been since it all went tits up last Christmas.
Went for a quick Pint on Sunday just to see what it was like, as I say the glasses are still sitting outside when I drove past earlier, so there's not much in the way of cleaning going on, shame really!

Used to be a canny place to eat back in it's poachers pocket days, seems every set of new owners have brought the quality down a notch for some reason.

Used to be a canny place to eat back in it's poachers pocket days, seems every set of new owners have brought the quality down a notch for some reason.
Aye you used to get a pound of chips, remember sitting in there for our 1st match at the SoL as my ticket application was lost:evil:

Aye you used to get a pound of chips, remember sitting in there for our 1st match at the SoL as my ticket application was lost:evil:

Remember the the poachers feast, game, chicken and steak a huge plate of chips and bread and butter. Was a proper blokes feed, really good quality bait back then.

It was friggin' rancid in there last summer, fulla louts and wrang uns drinking Fosters. I had what was probably the only pint of San Miguel ever pulled there (the barmaid didn't even realise they had it on), supped it and left for more civilised climes along at the Smiths Arms.

Back