Floaters Mill reopened yet again

I remember reading a news article online in the Northern Echo from March that the Floaters was one of 3 Marsdens pubs back up for sale .I walk or drive past it everyday and even at lunchtime it always seems dead……its only ever busy on sunny days like yesterday

Last edited:
Black n white stronghold. Place is a fuckin dump. Outdoor furniture falling to bits. Mag twat in charge will 'do what (he) wants. It's (his) pub.'

Sat in the beer garden for one n still felt like I had to wipe me feet on the way out.

Mags with mag pubs in Burnmoor man. Fuck off.
Ta for the heads up Chris, I'll give it a wide berth.

On FB I noticed you were in The Dun Cow yesterday. What's that like now as I haven't been in there for a few years?

On FB I noticed you were in The Dun Cow yesterday. What's that like now as I haven't been in there for a few years?
I usually go for a Sunday dinner when I'm visiting my parents, it's a canny dinner like, reasonably priced. Friendly enough staff

We hadn't been for years either. Seemed alright. Nice enough beer garden, plenty tables, dog friendly. Mind the resident chihuahua is free to roam and antagonise everyone else's dog. :lol:

I'd gan back on a sunny day. Food coming out looked alright.

We hadn't been for years either. Seemed alright. Nice enough beer garden, plenty tables, dog friendly. Mind the resident chihuahua is free to roam and antagonise everyone else's dog. :lol:

I'd gan back on a sunny day. Food coming out looked alright.
Cheers bud. I'll have a wander down with our mutts sometime, although not when it's to warm as our black greyhounds really suffer in the heat 👍

The place has all the facilities to be a great pub, the brewery hasn't helped any of the last ten landlords & they are trying to sell it, it's an absolute dump at the minute, I popped in for a pint to see what it was like under the new ownership, I couldn't have drank it any quicker than I did to get out!

Could be a great pub. Opens when they feel like and barcode tops on display. Took the family in last weekend and straight back out when I saw the mag shirts.

Dun cow is the best option in summer. We regularly go there with the kids.

I’ve recently moved to Hetton and when heading through that way surprised how many mags there are.
Hang on a minute is this not in Sunderland?

It’s the equivalent of having a Sunlun pub in say Wallsend and displaying colours. I won’t be spending money in the place and surprised they get off so lightly.

I’m from Shields originally and remember the likes of the Westoe and the Cyprus having bother and windows put out for being mag pubs.

Last edited:
Could be a great pub. Opens when they feel like and barcode tops on display. Took the family in last weekend and straight back out when I saw the mag shirts.

Dun cow is the best option in summer. We regularly go there with the kids.

I’ve recently moved to Hetton and when heading through that way surprised how many mags there are.

It’s the equivalent of having a Sunlun pub in say Wallsend and displaying colours. I won’t be spending money in the place and surprised they get off so lightly.

I’m from Shields originally and remember the likes of the Westoe and the Cyprus having bother and windows put out for being mag pubs.
People are going soft unfortunately

Bloody hell. This was seen as decently smart pub 30 year ago when I was a young en.

And why would you potentially alienate some customers in a certain catchment area.

Idiot or arrogance. One of the two. Or both Bizzare behaviour.

People are going soft unfortunately

I’ve seen more and more mag shirts in the likes on fence houses when driving through.
No doubt they are scratters but they seem to be taking more and more liberties

I don’t condone any violence when it comes to football, but respect seems to have gone out the window.

Ironically, I know a fair few proper geordies who are long standing season card holders. There is mutual respect for Sunlun that seems to be lost with Durham / Wearside mags.

I’ve seen more and more mag shirts in the likes on fence houses when driving through.
No doubt they are scratters but they seem to be taking more and more liberties

I don’t condone any violence when it comes to football, but respect seems to have gone out the window.

Ironically, I know a fair few proper geordies who are long standing season card holders. There is mutual respect for Sunlun that seems to be lost with Durham / Wearside mags.
Aye they need a clip when taking the piss with it in Sunderland areas, otherwise it’ll get worse as they start getting successful

The place has all the facilities to be a great pub, the brewery hasn't helped any of the last ten landlords & they are trying to sell it, it's an absolute dump at the minute, I popped in for a pint to see what it was like under the new ownership, I couldn't have drank it any quicker than I did to get out!
The last landlord who had it for any length of time was that fat lad who had it circa 95-2000ish. He was a bit of a tit, but it did ok.

I think he was a mag though.
How long has it been a mag pub? Framed tops on the wall, disgrace that mind. I hope nee lads fan gans in there.
It's had about 25 managers in the last two years.
Absolute disgrace that this has been allowed to happen. Mags having their own pub in Fencehouses/Burnmoor ffs. Never would have happened in my day.

Edit: I know it's not in Fencehouses but it's near as dammit. Hope it fails.

I used to get in their regularly and I would have personally removed any mag shite from the wall. 😂
Hang on a minute is this not in Sunderland?
Technically not Sunderland, about half a mile from the border.

Last edited:

Back