Floaters Mill reopened yet again

Was only a matter of time, to be fair it had nowt to do with the mag, the brewery aren't helping any of the landlords but he didn't do himself any favours, it's a strange old pub
Apart from when it became a Poacher's Pocket for a few years it's always been a strange nothing place tbh.

Fencehouses has fallen😂 title of a new film coming out based on the Burnside Club during Covid
Aye, with Gerard Butler. But people will always confuse it with Top House Down where there is ructions in the Londonderry Arms with Jamie Foxx and a chrome plated rocket launcher. Because they came out at the same time and had basically identical plots.

Last edited:
Dubmire WMC has a barcode shirt up too, and one of the scruffy twats playing pool in an old yellow away shirt when I was in. Fencehouses has fallen.
That’s been up a good while that. They have a shirt from all three NE teams on the wall. Think they’re signed as well. Still shouldn’t have one up like.

I don't know what the craic is with the management there. I was in a couple of years back and the barmaid went out of her way to tell me it was mostly frequented by regulars of the previous place they ran. I'd done a 3 mile Sunday walk only to be made unwelcome for being too local. I felt a lump in my throat. My dad isn't police but he's always been sufficiently socially awkward to have a 'uniform wearing plain clothes' vibe to him. It made me realise I really am a chip off the old block.

Back