Fitbit Charge HR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had mine months. Team it with my fitness pal and you are on your way to good health
Had mine nearly 2 months now. Lost about a stone syncing with MyFitnessPal. Unless I've had a drink I rarely eat more than I've burned now. Burn 2400-2500 calories in a normal day at work with no excercise. I'm playing 5aside tonight & in a good night I'll burn 1000 calories. I like the fact I have numbers to keep myself right. Still dying to hit that 4000 calories burned in a day mark though. Think it'll come in the next few weeks when I can do a gym class on the morning & footy on the night.

What symptoms did you see mate with it?
My heart rate was generally low, around 50-58 bps on average. I noticed it started trending up and plateaued after a few months around 68. Knew summat was up, thought it might be work stress, but went for a blood test to be sure and it was my thyroid becoming overactive.

What's been said? I love my Fitbit HR, but am looking forward to one that is water proof & tracks GPS rather than steps. They'll only get better.
Thats shite mate, almost every review has put it right at the top ahead of the competition. They are also the #1 fitness brand.

I fancied one of those but it has some shocking reviews
Really? Everything I've seen rates it about 3/4 stars... Which is about right given some of the things it's missing compared to the competition.

It tracks my sleep, steps, sends me notifications when I get a text or call, and most importantly, tells me to get off my arse and start moving :lol:

It's also the best looking of the lot IMO.

Thats shite mate, almost every review has put it right at the top ahead of the competition. They are also the #1 fitness brand.

Phil was talking about the Alta I've bought mate.

What are people's thoughts on the Surge? It seems a decent amount of money so trying to get opinions before I think about buying.

What are people's thoughts on the Surge? It seems a decent amount of money so trying to get opinions before I think about buying.
Thinking about one anarl to accurately track cals burned from rowing.

Thinking about one anarl to accurately track cals burned from rowing.
Apparently it has GPS to track runs too. I was looking at Garmin watches but if I can get a more rounded device then that would be good.

Apparently it has GPS to track runs too. I was looking at Garmin watches but if I can get a more rounded device then that would be good.
That's the one thing I don't really need. As long as it tracks calories throughout the whole day I'd be happy. I'd probably be better off with the blaze

looking into it, it seems a lot of the watches struggle withmeasuring rowing cause of the arm movement. Looks like I'd be better off with a Polar H7 and syncing to my phone. Cheaper too.

looking into it, it seems a lot of the watches struggle withmeasuring rowing cause of the arm movement. Looks like I'd be better off with a Polar H7 and syncing to my phone. Cheaper too.
I've just been on the tower actually for warm up. Machine reckon's I burnt 100cals, FitBit HR reckon's 67cals. However I'd be inclined to believe the FitBit over a machine that knows nothing about my body composition.

I've just been on the tower actually for warm up. Machine reckon's I burnt 100cals, FitBit HR reckon's 67cals. However I'd be inclined to believe the FitBit over a machine that knows nothing about my body composition.
I've just ordered a wahoo tickr X. Seemed to get the best reviews.

Aye I never look on the rowers cals burned, just set a target 500m split time.

I had a Surge and now have a Blaze.

Surge is great if you need gps. Works well with heart rate on things like biking, although occasionally didn't pick up my high heart rate when I was really going for it.

I went for a Blaze because I'm a lass and the Surge isn't a nice looking day watch. I miss the gps for my cycling although with my medical problems I've not done much of it anyway. With the Blaze you can link it to your phone, for gps tracking but hardly seems worth it as I'd be better just using a MapMyRun/cycle app anyway.

I like the blaze because I can swap the straps out and I bought some cheap ones on Amazon for a bit of a change.

As I've said before my Fitbits have diagnosed my thyroid problem - in fact just today I told my doctor my resting heart rate has dropped to 49 bpm and that I think I probably need my medication increasing, and sure enough the blood test verified it. So I think they are fairly accurate.

I had a Surge and now have a Blaze.

Surge is great if you need gps. Works well with heart rate on things like biking, although occasionally didn't pick up my high heart rate when I was really going for it.

I went for a Blaze because I'm a lass and the Surge isn't a nice looking day watch. I miss the gps for my cycling although with my medical problems I've not done much of it anyway. With the Blaze you can link it to your phone, for gps tracking but hardly seems worth it as I'd be better just using a MapMyRun/cycle app anyway.

I like the blaze because I can swap the straps out and I bought some cheap ones on Amazon for a bit of a change.

As I've said before my Fitbits have diagnosed my thyroid problem - in fact just today I told my doctor my resting heart rate has dropped to 49 bpm and that I think I probably need my medication increasing, and sure enough the blood test verified it. So I think they are fairly accurate.
I want to start tracking runs or cycles so it would be handy. Had a look in the shop earlier and it's pretty ugly and doesn't feel great.

I want to start tracking runs or cycles so it would be handy. Had a look in the shop earlier and it's pretty ugly and doesn't feel great.
have a look at them tickr X's I've just ordered. Has a 16 hour memory so you don't need to take your phone with you, strap it on, go on your run and sync the data to your phone afterwards. (I'm talking iPhone, you have to check compatibility if you use another type). Seem to get good reviews.

Mr Bells has one and he likes it. Wears it as a watch all day (and night for sleep!) and then uses it when he runs. He used to have a Garmin but he didn't wear it as a watch.

The battery is quite good on them, and it can also get text alerts on them too. But yes, I agree, they're not the best looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back