Fish Shop Friday Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have to say my favourite fish and chip shop is fountains, can't be beaten imo, but as it's a 20 mile round trip I decided to try a couple more local to me. Nothing to do with with this post but the fella at fountains even wraps my fish and chips in tin foil till To keep them warm till I get home, where else would you get that service.

Today I think I found a close second. York Road chip shop in Birtley, only a 3 mile drive from my door. I tried it once a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed but as it always seems to be busy I thought I'd give it another chance.
Ordered a standard fish and chips, £5.60, batter was offered and accepted. The fish was on the shelf already which could be seen as both a good sign or a bad sign by some.
Arrived home and was pleasantly surprised, the chips were just the right colour, not too white or brown, the batter on the fish was very crispy. As you can see in the money shot the fish isn't the thickest but was very tasty.
Over all I'd happily return, although it comes a close second to Fountains I think it could be the new go to chippy unless it's a special occasion.

Logon or register to see this image
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Just had fish and chips in Peterlee Wetherspoons.

Came with a bottle of Hazy Hog cider, plenty of fish in the crisp batter and potato in the chips

Garden peas chosen instead of mushy just to piss this place off

No photos as I wasn't going to sit in Peterlee Wetherspoons taking the money shot

7/10

Just had fish and chips in Peterlee Wetherspoons.

Came with a bottle of Hazy Hog cider, plenty of fish in the crisp batter and potato in the chips

Garden peas chosen instead of mushy just to piss this place off

No photos as I wasn't going to sit in Peterlee Wetherspoons taking the money shot

7/10
Microwaved to perfection.

I have to say my favourite fish and chip shop is fountains, can't be beaten imo, but as it's a 20 mile round trip I decided to try a couple more local to me. Nothing to do with with this post but the fella at fountains even wraps my fish and chips in tin foil till To keep them warm till I get home, where else would you get that service.

Today I think I found a close second. York Road chip shop in Birtley, only a 3 mile drive from my door. I tried it once a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed but as it always seems to be busy I thought I'd give it another chance.
Ordered a standard fish and chips, £5.60, batter was offered and accepted. The fish was on the shelf already which could be seen as both a good sign or a bad sign by some.
Arrived home and was pleasantly surprised, the chips were just the right colour, not too white or brown, the batter on the fish was very crispy. As you can see in the money shot the fish isn't the thickest but was very tasty.
Over all I'd happily return, although it comes a close second to Fountains I think it could be the new go to chippy unless it's a special occasion.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
I can see fuck all in the money shot.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Nice review mate but the pics dinnit work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back