Fish Shop Friday Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's (distant) venue of choice was Franco's in Dalkeith High Street, north end of the old A68, 1 mile south of the Edinburgh by pass.

Logon or register to see this image

A nice old school chippy which looked very promising when I saw the "All Suppers £2.80" sign in the window. Sadly, the small asterisk specifically excluded fish. It also serves pizza and kebabs, but these seem to be an add on to the Fish and Chips core business rather than the other way round.

Was greeted pleasantly, when I went in. There were a number of people waiting, but they had all ordered.
Ordered fish and chips and was advised that fish was cooked to order so would be about 8 minutes - no bother at all. As it is Scotland, the default fish option is Haddock.

Batter wasn't offered, but salt and sauce were (both declined). £5.80 for the order - a reasonable price for Haddock and Chips

Logon or register to see this image

Was all served in a pizza style box rather than paper, but as it was a one specifically for fish and chips, I've allowed them a bye. It kept everything nice and warm on the short journey home.

Fish was lovely creamy white with a nice, crispy batter coating it. Chips were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. All things considered, a solid 9/10 from me and will definitely be revisiting.
Good review mate but as with everything the lack of money shot has cost you. Fine effort tho all the same.

Had a croziers last neet, again the best chippy I've ever had. Best batter best fish best chips, I'd have the fucker everyday and not get bored of it.

Reactions: ATS
Had a croziers last neet, again the best chippy I've ever had. Best batter best fish best chips, I'd have the fucker everyday and not get bored of it.
Where are the pictures? Where is the money shot? How many out of ten? That's the shittest review I've seen in ages, its the only review I've seen in ages but that's not important.

Reactions: WCC
Where are the pictures? Where is the money shot? How many out of ten? That's the shittest review I've seen in ages, its the only review I've seen in ages but that's not important.
Ten out of ten, nee pics like the fucker barely made it out the wrapper before being scoffed like the fat bassa I am, but anyone who's ever had croziers has that problem it's just that nice,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back