Fish Shop Friday Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to fountains in Southwick on Friday for the first time. Was very nice. Will definitely be going again. The fish was the size of a whale, and they even did a larger One!

Called the estate agent and told him to poke it
I think you know you have made the right decision!

I have just flown back in from Aalesund in Norway - the home of the Norwegian cod fleet and have eaten fish for the last 3 days. Last night we had cod tongues and cod cheeks. Immense. Still prefer it in batter though cooked in beef dripping.

Last edited:
I think you know you have made the right decision!

I have just flown back in from Aalesund in Norway - the home of the Norwegian cod fleet and have eaten fish for the last 3 days. Last night we had cod tongues and cod cheeks. Immense. Still prefer it in batter though cooked in beef dripping.

Fish don't have tongues surely?

Petts wood is a decent area. Sure there is a Tom Bells which are good. Which fish shop is the one you saw?
The Village Fish Bar is the one owned by Andy Pybus.

Tom Bells are scattered around Bromley/Opington/Sevenoals- they used to be owned by Peter Bell but are now owned by Rashid Shefik.
Rashid rents most of them out on a monthly basis so they all are different- some are good and some not so good.

all the portions are absolutely massive though.

Tommy's at Doxy, Ryhope Fish Shop, The Hut at Silky, Murtha's at Pallion

Whoah there!! Don't forget Crozier Fisheries off Newcastle Road and Fountains at Carley Hill! North side has superior emporia as well!

I would like to add Madasafish at Whitburn. I provided a review a few months back but since then they have improved the chips and I reckon it's almost up there with Croziers and Fountains.

Whoah there!! Don't forget Crozier Fisheries off Newcastle Road and Fountains at Carley Hill! North side has superior emporia as well!

I would like to add Madasafish at Whitburn. I provided a review a few months back but since then they have improved the chips and I reckon it's almost up there with Croziers and Fountains.
Loses marks for it's daft name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back