Fish Shop Friday Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello and welcome to the latest instalment of #fishshopfriday

Changes in circumstances have opened up a whole new area of fish shops that were previously out of reach to try.

Today I went to The Golden Fry Inn in Herrington Burn.

Logon or register to see this image

(stock photo)

As you can see it doesn't look the best from outside, it also sells kebabs and pizzas. Not a good sign. It's fair to say I didn't have high hopes for this one.

Anyway, £5.85 for a fish lot, a 'freebie' was available of mushy peas, curry or gravy but there's no place for any of that muck in #fishshopfriday so I politely declined. Batter was offered and accepted.

I have to say I was impressed. Chips were bloody lovely, up there with the best. No complaints about the fish either, very nice indeed. Very good portion size too, there was plenty chips left for the dog. Much better than expected, a very decent score of 7.5/10 from me.

#fishshopfriday
Haway the Jim. Gerrin. :D

Hello and welcome to the latest instalment of #fishshopfriday

Changes in circumstances have opened up a whole new area of fish shops that were previously out of reach to try.

Today I went to The Golden Fry Inn in Herrington Burn.

(stock photo)

As you can see it doesn't look the best from outside, it also sells kebabs and pizzas. Not a good sign. It's fair to say I didn't have high hopes for this one.

Anyway, £5.85 for a fish lot, a 'freebie' was available of mushy peas, curry or gravy but there's no place for any of that muck in #fishshopfriday so I politely declined. Batter was offered and accepted.

I have to say I was impressed. Chips were bloody lovely, up there with the best. No complaints about the fish either, very nice indeed. Very good portion size too, there was plenty chips left for the dog. Much better than expected, a very decent score of 7.5/10 from me.

#fishshopfriday
That shop was a major factor in me becoming a 17 stone fat cunt in college. Two pund ten for jumbo sausage chips and gravy man, ya cannot be vexed for that. Lush anarl.

Welcome to the right side of the tracks there Jim mate.

A word of advice while we are on. Nothing good can come of turning right at that roundabout unless you are doubling back on yourself.
From which direction?

Always been nice and tasty there. We normally eat them in the car park behind the shop while they're still hot and crispy.
Their sister shop* up Fencehouses is canny anarl. Sure I reviewed it on the original thread.

*I think I'm right in saying that anyway.

Heading into Shiney and that. DON'T DO IT!
Ah, clarification. Agreed.

Last edited:
I presume fish is being used as it sounds better in the title?

Cos it's chip shop (chippy) not fish shop (fishy) surely!?

Glad it's back by the way :cool:

For someone who hasn't read the older threads, is there a clear favourite or 'top 10' fish shops in sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back