Fish Shop Friday Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

As requested I went and tried out this new place. This has replaced Grangetown Chippy which was featured in the opening post of this thread. Is this new one any better?

Logon or register to see this image

It was pretty busy. Batter was not offered, nor was salt & vinegar. (I put it on at home anyway(salt & vinegar, not batter) but they should still ask imo). £5 for fish lot.

Logon or register to see this image

Decent size portion, fish was ok, chips were average. Ho hum not much to see here. 7/10. Nothing terrible but nothing to get excited about. You can come up with fancy menus and shop fittings but it's all about the produce and the frying in the end. They do a canny deal on a Sunday mind, fish lots two for one.

#fishshopfridaytheressurection
great review imo. on the basis of which, i see no need to have a dodge out grange town way to sample there

Can't believe the dissenters on here because he didn't ask for batter. The whole point of the test is that you shouldn't have to ask for batter, the proprietor should be bending over backwards to offer it as a mark of a good chippy.

Asking for your own batter, cap in hand ffs. What next? Hopping over the counter and frying the fish yourself anarl?

It's a fish that is only found in Irish freshwater loughs, in my case Lough Neagh. It's a nice small fish, very light and has a lovely taste. The chippy also does freshwater Eels caught from the Lough, although never tried them.
I predict the Pollan will be extinct by next year once the foodies hear about it.

It's a fish that is only found in Irish freshwater loughs, in my case Lough Neagh. It's a nice small fish, very light and has a lovely taste. The chippy also does freshwater Eels caught from the Lough, although never tried them.
It's a shame that you didn't reply a bit earlier as I pointed a couple of your lot towards a decent chippy in my neighbourhood earlier. Surprisingly, they didn't ask if they served pollan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back