Fish Shop Friday Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

girojim

Striker
Hello and welcome back to the Fish Shop Friday Thread. Don't know what happened to the last one, but we move on.

Today I went to Grangetown Chippy. Warning signs all owa here that this was going to be a mistake. Seemed to be a kebab shop that occassionaly did fish, there was neebody in the queue. My request of fish seemed to take the lass by surprise. Anyway ordered me fish lot, and she stuck a fish in the fryer. Few minutes later she asks do I want salt & vinegar and batter so I assumed me fish lot was ready. NO! She was wrapping me chips up while waiting for me fish to fry, so the chips are sitting there on the counter all wrapped up getting claggy while me fish is still in the fryer. Bizzarre behaviour.

Logon or register to see this image

£5.30 for a fish lot, chips were nice but the rest was below par. Batter was stodgy, fish was bland and the whole thing was too greasy. I can still taste the grease in my mouth now an hour later. A poor score 4/10.

#fishshopfriday

Bout friggin' time!

A good, solid review Jim to mark our return, even if the fish and chips were below par.

#FISHSHOPFRIDAYFOREVER

Hello and welcome back to the Fish Shop Friday Thread. Don't know what happened to the last one, but we move on.

Today I went to Grangetown Chippy. Warning signs all owa here that this was going to be a mistake. Seemed to be a kebab shop that occassionaly did fish, there was neebody in the queue. My request of fish seemed to take the lass by surprise. Anyway ordered me fish lot, and she stuck a fish in the fryer. Few minutes later she asks do I want salt & vinegar and batter so I assumed me fish lot was ready. NO! She was wrapping me chips up while waiting for me fish to fry, so the chips are sitting there on the counter all wrapped up getting claggy while me fish is still in the fryer. Bizzarre behaviour.

£5.30 for a fish lot, chips were nice but the rest was below par. Batter was stodgy, fish was bland and the whole thing was too greasy. I can still taste the grease in my mouth now an hour later. A poor score 4/10.

#fishshopfriday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back