First time you said something that made you realise your old?

Was chatting to this lass who wanted to buy the no 1 album and single for her friend who was expecting, so the kid would have what was no 1 when they were born. She goes into hmv to find that they don't sell singles any more. Who knew? When did this happen?

Eh? How do they work out the top 40 then, and how would you go about buying a single?

Not something I said but was in the pub last night and overheard 2 lads having a Harry Potter conversation when one claims ‘It was the first book I ever read’. And they’re old enough to drink :eek:

FWIW I’ve seen none of the films or read any of the books

Squeals of laughter from the apprentices when you told them cars like this were bought new 25 years ago.

Logon or register to see this image

My Dad had something like that in the late 80s/early 90s. Yugo I think the make was. I honestly thought if we had a race up a hill with a electric milk float, we'd be left standing.

Dad started to hate that car with a passion (or as he used to mutter frequently under his breath "that piece of shit"), I remember one night he accidentally forgot to lock the driver's door, he realised his mistake the next morning, went out to see that the car was still there, but the door was open - somebody had simply stolen a cheap compass clock thing off the dashboard. I think he was more upset about the compass being nicked than the fact he'd left the door open all night.

Not something I said but was in the pub last night and overheard 2 lads having a Harry Potter conversation when one claims ‘It was the first book I ever read’. And they’re old enough to drink :eek:

FWIW I’ve seen none of the films or read any of the books
The first book was released about 20 years ago.

Saying that it wasn't on the curriculum so he's either really advanced or a liar.

Back