First time you said something that made you realise your old?

Early 20's when I was still living with parents.

I was lying in the back garden, some of the youth of the street were playing footy and the ball came over the fence.

So I hoyed it back over the fence and shouted 'if the ball comes over here again, I'll put a knife through it'

Early 20's when I was still living with parents.

I was lying in the back garden, some of the youth of the street were playing footy and the ball came over the fence.

So I hoyed it back over the fence and shouted 'if the ball comes over here again, I'll put a knife through it'
I hated you lot as a bairn. Not my fault I had a 50 pence heed!

Nope, the lad was just talking shite. In my experience its common for people who mention Harry Potter in a pub.
But it doesn't matter when the book was released. He didn't claim to read the first release when it came out. He said it was the first book he ever ready, so likely that was approx 12/13 years ago, assuming he's approx 20

Me..." Who's left in the kitchen"
Daughter.. " no one"
Me. " well why is the light left on"

And

" away yay, hurry up and shut that door!! Heating the friggin street"

I had turned into my dad..
I go round my folks and every bloody light is on, so I do the same. I've become my dad to my folks I think. They still go on holiday every few months like so they can't be as skint as they let on. Maybe its cos I keep telling them I'd rather they have a good time than me have an inheritance.

When I no longer needed to worry about getting a knock on the door cos I had no TV licence.

Sitting on a park bench with a couple of wrinklies having a serious discussion about the price of fruit and veg in the local supermarket.

Went away on holidays and it seemed to me that bairns were having bairns! The parents looked so young it was unreal. Im oooolllldddddd

Back