First time buyer - house viewing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im viewing a house tomorrow, and probably a number of others in the coming weeks. What sort of things do I need to be asking the owners/what should I look out for?

Obviously things like; has anyone been murdered here? Is it haunted? Do the neighbours buck really loudly every night? (It’s a terraced house) Etc’ etc’.

Is it on Rightmove? Hoy up the link

Im viewing a house tomorrow, and probably a number of others in the coming weeks. What sort of things do I need to be asking the owners/what should I look out for?

Obviously things like; has anyone been murdered here? Is it haunted? Do the neighbours buck really loudly every night? (It’s a terraced house) Etc’ etc’.

In my experience any questions you have won't be able to be answered at the initial viewing. I had all sorts of shite prepared asking about boiler certificates and if there was a garden asking about Japanese knot weed and whatnot - all a total waste of time.

Draw up a shortlist of the places you liked and then it's a process of elimination once you've been for a second viewing and find out about all the problems they might have.

Make sure you get yourself a mortgage broker as well, you don't want to give yourself more work to do trailing around looking at mortgages. Brokers can get you a better deal anyway.

In my experience any questions you have won't be able to be answered at the initial viewing. I had all sorts of shite prepared asking about boiler certificates and if there was a garden asking about Japanese knot weed and whatnot - all a total waste of time.

Draw up a shortlist of the places you liked and then it's a process of elimination once you've been for a second viewing and find out about all the problems they might have.
If the estate agent or seller can't answer basic chit like this they don't deserve the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back