First Test - NZ v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody hell, what are we playing at? Ridiculous run out. Should still be safe but I'm not as confident as I was 10 minutes ago.

Had a feeling we'd get a draw. Didn't expect Finn to play quite a part in it though.

Well done to him on his maiden 50.

We have become a very tough team to beat we must have battled to draws about 8 times since 2009 after poor starts

We have become a very tough team to beat we must have battled to draws about 8 times since 2009 after poor starts

England remind me of the saffers up until recently, beligerent, bat all the way down in the main, hard to beat, but just lack that sparkle of golddust to go from being almost the best to the best, and what we probably lack to take that next step is a bowler who is the most feared about.

If you look at Australia, they had Warne, Windies, take your pick and now the Saffers with Steyn. Our crop of bowlers are very good in their own right but we dont have that one in the class of those mentioned, not a criticism just a fact.

England remind me of the saffers up until recently, beligerent, bat all the way down in the main, hard to beat, but just lack that sparkle of golddust to go from being almost the best to the best, and what we probably lack to take that next step is a bowler who is the most feared about.

If you look at Australia, they had Warne, Windies, take your pick and now the Saffers with Steyn. Our crop of bowlers are very good in their own right but we dont have that one in the class of those mentioned, not a criticism just a fact.

Good assessment IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back