First Illegal and Legal Drinks Purchased in a Pub/Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

We used to pop down The Fox in Hexham for a lunchtime pint when at school. Me Mam moved into Hexham last year and I went in one night for my first legal pint in the Fox. Only 34 years after my last pint in there.

First in a guest house place at a wedding reception bought by me older brother then got the next couple meself, so a bar but not a proper bar.
first in a proper bar following year.
first legal in the same bar in an afternoon session.
Now a misguided, imo, “Restaurant”

The old sloanes snooker hall when it was on the corner overlooking sunniside.

Junior rates mess in HMS Raleigh will have been my first legal pint as I turned 18 in basic training.

Illegal was the Ivy House when I was 14. Was asked to sup up and leave though by the manager when he spied us in the corner.

Legal I can't actually remember. Perhaps Ashbrook rugby club or the Ivy.

Illegal would have been the Market Tavern in Durham I think, although it could have been the World's End in Camden on a college trip. Can't quite remember the chronology.

Illegal - The Duke in Seaham, Carnival Day. Was 17. Me dad walked past, took it off me, drank it in one and then went and told the bar staff I wasn’t 18 for another 3 months.

Legal - quite possibly would have been Innfusion in town. I turned 18 on the Monday and went out that night for student night.

Think both occasions it was pints of Carling :lol:

Illegal - Gillespie’s - post GCSE’s 1998. Fake ID ordered out the back of FHM in my wallet.
Legal - Chambers after a family party in the house 😂

Illegal - Ivy House in 1995 pint of Lambtons
Legal - Ivy House in 1998 pint of lager, possibly Heineken.

Illegal - The William in Birtley I think, back when it was a pub and not A’la Turka restaurant.
Once we knew we could get served there we kept going back weekly. After about the 4th week the wifey behind the bar said ‘lads, have I seen your ID’s?’ As we were going errr thinking we’d been rumbled and wondering what to say, she said ‘ah well if anyone asks, I have!’

Legal - couldn't say for sure, but I had a night out in Sunderland on me 18th so probably some dive round Park Lane.

Pravda on the Quayside or Tynemouth Social Club were first illegal in a pub.

First Legal was maybe Flynn's, got turned away from Pravda on my 18th birthday after going in for almost 2 years previous as I didn't have any ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back