FIRST ASHES TEST: Edgbaston

Out in Canada and been travelling today so missed the day's play. Just caught up now - what a f***ing predictable load of f***ing shite
Not wanting to overreact but surely Denly, Ali and Bairstow are currently unselectable? Not sure Buttler is worth his place in the team

Do we stick with the same team like we did in 2005 or take out the people clearly underperforming?

Burns, Sibley, Root, Vince, Roy, Stokes, Foakes, Woakes, Archer, Leach, Broad

Let Buttler, Ali & Bairstow go back to county cricket and find some form
Let Denly just go back to country cricket
Feel sorry for Curran but I think the Aussies will tear his 78mph bowling apart on a flat deck

Out in Canada and been travelling today so missed the day's play. Just caught up now - what a f***ing predictable load of f***ing shite
Not wanting to overreact but surely Denly, Ali and Bairstow are currently unselectable? Not sure Buttler is worth his place in the team
Aye Buttler’s mediocre test record seems to be going under the radar somewhat, but unfortunately there’s three or four bigger issues before we get to him.

The type of view that Curran should bat up the order is the same logic that Roy should open. He’s a cracking lower order player but needs to be good enough with the ball. He needs conditions to suit for his bowling

Wasn’t a genuine suggestion to pick Curran on his batting alone, certainly not at 5 as has been suggested. However he’s certainly an option lower down who can more than hold his own with the bat. The issues are more with the top order. Wonder if Alistair Cook has his phone switched on!

Do we stick with the same team like we did in 2005 or take out the people clearly underperforming?

Burns, Sibley, Root, Vince, Roy, Stokes, Foakes, Woakes, Archer, Leach, Broad

Let Buttler, Ali & Bairstow go back to county cricket and find some form
Let Denly just go back to country cricket
Feel sorry for Curran but I think the Aussies will tear his 78mph bowling apart on a flat deck
If people have not performed for a period of time it's only right that another gets a chance.

It's so frustrating to see us collapse like that after having them 122-8 and being in total control. There are so many selection issues - Anderson should have played v Ireland or not played at all. You can't just drop a lad straight into Ashes cricket after 2 months out at the of 37.
Ali has been woefully out of for for a while, ditto Bairstow and Buttler. Maybe this is just a series too far following the World Cup exploits

We absolutely must get Archer in the team for Lords

In an ideal world I'd bring in Sibley and play Roy in the middle but I want Curran in the side. Made things happen last summer against India and gives us a different bowling option
Curran needs the ball to swing or he’s cannon fodder. This years duke balls don’t seem to be swinging and he shouldn’t be selected just because he’s left arm. I just think people are trying to shoo him in because he’s got something about him and bats well. His bowling isn’t good enough unless it’s swinging and first and foremost that’s his main discipline. As a bowler I would have broad, woakes, Stokes, archer and stone ahead of him.

Back