First and most recent gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

First - Franz Ferdinand matinée show at the Barrowlands, just after the first album came out, that or T in the park 2003

Last - Wolf Alice in Dundee two month back

Recent - The Alarm at the Boiler House last week
Any good? I was disappointed when I saw them in Manchester earlier this year as it was billed as a full band line up but Craig wasn't there on bass as supposedly he was touring with The Mission but I noticed he isn't on this tour either.

Any good? I was disappointed when I saw them in Manchester earlier this year as it was billed as a full band line up but Craig wasn't there on bass as supposedly he was touring with The Mission but I noticed he isn't on this tour either.
I enjoyed it but in a way I see what you mean as Craig was not there. Two hour show and Mike Peters puts so much effort in. Wouldn't surprise me if they did tour as a full band next year mind.

As a follow up to the recent first and last albums bought threads, what were folks first and most recent gigs.

The Jam at Newcastle City Hall 1978 first for me.
Shellac at Manchester Academy 2 last night the most recent

I honestly can't remember my first gig, macc lads possibly circa 1989?

Most recent one was Rhoda Dakar @ the cluny last week, she was f***ing mint...

1st: Mc Hammer & Snap at Whitley Bay Ice Rink (late 80's) :oops:
Last: Madness at Hardwick Live (August 2017)

The Killers and Shed Seven up next I think unless I end up drawing the short straw and have to take the bairn to the Little Mix show in November.

Ocean Colour Scene, Newcastle City Hall maybe 2002 or 2003.

At the Drive-In, Vicar Street (Dublin) 2016.

First - Metallica/Danzig at Newcastle City Hall 6/10/88
Last - Opeth or Kreator (cant remember the order I saw them) a couple of years ago at the O2 academy Newcastle

20th March 1977 - Showaddywaddy - Sunderland Empire
7th October 2017 - Cock Sparrer - Northumbria Uni

Last edited:
First - Oasis, Maine Road Manchester - April 1996.
Latest one - Foo Fighters, Manchester Cricket Ground - July 2016

First - Saxon City Hall Feb 84....great at the time; but maybe poor on reflection
Last - Ritchie Blackmore Glasgow SECC....canny nostalgia but shite band and Ritchie cant really play anymore
Next - Queen at Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back