First and most recent gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to see The Brian Jonestown Massacre at Northumbria Uni at the weekend. I'd never heard a note from them beforehand but I went with a couple of mates. They were topper.

If you haven't already, watch the film dig! It's on YouTube. About them and the dandy warholes. Funny and sad.

My eldest has just returned from 2 years living in Canada, we're off to see Chainska Brassika next Sunday.
That`s a canny distance to travel. Hope you enjoy the gig while he`s back. I think our next is Blackberry Smoke at the O2 Academy next week.

First was Eddie Grant at Ipswich Odeon - would have been 1981/82 ish

Latest - Kasabian earlier this year - got Gary Numan in a couple of weeks.

That`ll be canny with an orchestra at the City Hall. I`d say Gary Numan was one of the biggest surprises when I saw him a couple of years back. Very, very heavy and guitar based and a lot more charismatic than I was expecting.

That`s a canny distance to travel. Hope you enjoy the gig while he`s back. I think our next is Blackberry Smoke at the O2 Academy next week.

She's back for good, well until she finds another place to go to; her Canadian Visa expired. Actually, she's just landed a job in Austria, stating at the end of Nov, so she won't be home for too long. My other daughter lives in Cape Town and I'm off to a gig with her at Kirstenbosch on New Years Eve.

She's back for good, well until she finds another place to go to; her Canadian Visa expired. Actually, she's just landed a job in Austria, stating at the end of Nov, so she won't be home for too long. My other daughter lives in Cape Town and I'm off to a gig with her at Kirstenbosch on New Years Eve.
Good grief, my two have just gone to Newcastle Uni so still very close to hand, I still see them all the time. In fact I just took my daughter back last night after being back home for a day and ended watching the Apprentice with them and their mates in the cinema room sitting on a bean bag. I felt like it was 1985 all over again :lol:

That`ll be canny with an orchestra at the City Hall. I`d say Gary Numan was one of the biggest surprises when I saw him a couple of years back. Very, very heavy and guitar based and a lot more charismatic than I was expecting.

Aye, I have not been to the Symphony Hall before. Really looking forward to it. I only spotted it because he performed My Name Is Ruin with his daughter on TOGWT anniversary show. I thought it was brilliant and downloaded the album, Savage (Songs from a Broken World). It is tremendous imo and will sound incredible at SH. Can't wait!

Good grief, my two have just gone to Newcastle Uni so still very close to hand, I still see them all the time. In fact I just took my daughter back last night after being back home for a day and ended watching the Apprentice with them and their mates in the cinema room sitting on a bean bag. I felt like it was 1985 all over again :lol:
I’ve still got a son who lives at home, we’ll he only 15 so has no choice and he goes to most of our games with me. No doubt he’ll be gone in a couple of years, hopefully just in the Ian though. Sunderland Uni would be handy

First gig: Oasis, Maine Road, April 28th 1996
Most Recent gig: (I'm not even sure but think) Foo Fighters, Old Trafford Cricket Ground, 2015

Shed seven, arena in Boro 1994

She'd seven & the twang, Manchester July 2018

Seen both shed 7 and the twang LOADS in between aswell

First - The Futureheads and Maximo Park, Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth, Dec 2004

Most Recent - The Filaments with The Restarts and Lions Law, Underworld Camden, June 2018

How were the Chats? I'd like to see them.
Class. Really loud, very tight and their crack in between songs was hilarious. Only played for about 40 minutes too, which is my ideal gig length.
Saw John Carpenter at the Albert Hall the night before and he only played for about an hour, which was nice.

If you haven't already, watch the film dig! It's on YouTube. About them and the dandy warholes. Funny and sad.
Yeah my mate was trying to get me to watch it before we went but I didn't have time. Watched it twice this week though :lol:

It is brilliant mind, although reading up on it neither band are a fan of it or the lass who made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back