First and most recent gigs

First - Eddy Grant in the early 80s - Pretty good to be fair

Last - Depeche Mode at the Olympic Stadium in June - same night as the terrorist inicdent - a few of us on here at that gig iirc.

Dave Clark 5 1964 Blackpool Tower
Pp Arnold last year at the Riverside Newcastle

FYI she's on in Newcastle again in December .. Legend still.

First - Saxon City Hall Feb 84....great at the time; but maybe poor on reflection
Last - Ritchie Blackmore Glasgow SECC....canny nostalgia but shite band and Ritchie cant really play anymore
Next - Queen at Arena
I saw that too. Ronnie Romero has a good voice but the rhythm section just lacked the punch of Cozy and Jimmy Bain. Blackmore seemed pretty sloppy too. I was hoping for more Rainbow and less Deep Purple BUT seeing Stargazer and Temple of the King kept me happy. I saw them the year before and thought they were better in Birmingham where they did an amazing version of Stargazer and Catch The Rainbow.

Elvis Costello & The Attractions supported by The Pogues at Newcastle City Hall in October (?) 1984.

The Men They Couldn't Hang at Nell's Jazz and Blues Cafe in that London on Wednesday night.
I was at that Costello gig. Twas the day after the bbc broadcast the Ethiopia famine document that spawned bandaid. They were collecting behind the bar for it.

I was at that Costello gig. Twas the day after the bbc broadcast the Ethiopia famine document that spawned bandaid. They were collecting behind the bar for it.
I don't remember the collection. My most recent gig now was Skinny Lister at Manchester Folk Festival last Thursday and next will be The Men They Couldn't Hang at Preston Guild Hall.

The Jam NCH 78?
Declan Welsh & The Decadent West a couple of weeks back in the local music venue.

I don't remember the collection. My most recent gig now was Skinny Lister at Manchester Folk Festival last Thursday and next will be The Men They Couldn't Hang at Preston Guild Hall.

I only remember the collection cos I was skint and needed the change back from my only beer of the night to pay for my tkt back to Sunderland.

Last edited:

Back