Fire Starters - First gigs announced for Fire Station

You got a bad head? I am always minging the day after a double maxim session.
Well, only had three Double. Visited the Isis before & had about 8 halves of different beers. Can’t remember what I got in the Ivy after the Firestation, but we had a pint in Chaplins before the taxi home, so any bad can’t really be blamed on the Double Maxim :oops:

Looking forward to it, not seen the lathums yet either.

Also going to independent for a gig, again it's years since I've been in, but never for a gig, any idea what it's like?

It's rough and ready but a good old fashioned venue I've seen some great gigs there over the years .

Who you going to see?

Last edited:
It’s a canny venue, been a few times.
The Bowie show a couple of weeks back was good but was far from sold out and it affected the atmosphere.
Saw Al Murray last night at the Empire, absolutely brilliant show.

What's that brutus gold thing?Disco show. I am sure I went to one of those at the university about 30 years ago.Have they been going that long?
Aye, used to be on in Newcastle Buzz nightclub on a Tuesday night in the early - mid 90’s, used to be on in a few different venues around the north east

Aye, used to be on in Newcastle Buzz nightclub on a Tuesday night in the early - mid 90’s, used to be on in a few different venues around the north east
Brutus Gold and his marra Levi Action Slax iirc. Back when I came up for a few midweek games they’d be on in Annabels.

Back