Finding out your going to be a Dad.

A huge but very welcome shock as we’d been pretty shagging unprotected for nigh on 4 years, my Mrs had a miscarriage early on in our relationship however after a lot of negative tests later, we finally got the pregnant result and got to meet our little miracle in 2018.

we are currently awaiting baby number 2 to arrive , due September

I was over the moon after the initial shock, even though neither were exactly planned. Each to their own but can't understand people who don't want kids.

I remember driving down the A1 to work that Monday morning after the test, feeling stunned. A feeling of 'oh fuck'.

Came home from night shift and she was sat in the bed crying. I made her take another 6 tests to make sure. I laughed (nervous laugh) I was 22 and wasn’t ready. We’d only been together a year. Daughter is nearly 10 now. Took me a while to grow up but I’m there now and have absolutely loved having my 2 year old. Appreciate every single day with them now.

Was planned but happened very quickly, so I was still a bit shocked.

Nothing prepares you for the birth or being a parent like. Other parents try to tell you but it just doesn't register until it happens to you.
Doing the NCT classes was a big help for us both in terms of getting ready. We were both fully prepared for the birth and knew all the options, exactly what was likely to happen etc. Would recommend any expecting parents do it. They're also great places to meet people in the same boat.

Hypnobirthing is worth reading into as well. I dismissed it at first as I thought it was some sort of hippy shit, but it's actually not at all. It's just learning about what is going to happen and what you can do to get through it. She found that really helpful.

Looking after the bairn is something more natural. You just know what to do. Once you've sussed the nappy change the rest is instinct (and Googling stuff at 4am to try find out why he won't go to sleep :lol:).

Shocked as it was only the 2nd time bucking without blerbs or contraception.Nervous as I didnt want to get excited.

2nd time I did shit myself,wasnt planned and already had a small baby.

Doing the NCT classes was a big help for us both in terms of getting ready. We were both fully prepared for the birth and knew all the options, exactly what was likely to happen etc. Would recommend any expecting parents do it. They're also great places to meet people in the same boat.

Hypnobirthing is worth reading into as well. I dismissed it at first as I thought it was some sort of hippy shit, but it's actually not at all. It's just learning about what is going to happen and what you can do to get through it. She found that really helpful.

Looking after the bairn is something more natural. You just know what to do. Once you've sussed the nappy change the rest is instinct (and Googling stuff at 4am to try find out why he won't go to sleep :lol:).

My comment was less around the practical side but the emotions that come with it!

We did NCT and you're right, it was really useful and met some nice people (the Mams WhatsApp pretty much all the time).

We also practiced hypnobirthing, was no use for us in the end and was thrown out the window in place of some hard drugs :lol:

First time was pure panic and then elation. Unfortunately we lost that one.
So next time was trepidation really. Excited, delighted but there was a fear.

I went to get a sperm test. I was just wanting to make sure everything was ok. I had to masturbate my penis in the life centre till I ejaculated my semen into a beaker. They said my motility wasn’t great. 3 weeks later my partner confirmed one of her eggs was fertilised therefore in 9 months time a child would slither out of her vagina.

I went to get a sperm test. I was just wanting to make sure everything was ok. I had to masturbate my penis in the life centre till I ejaculated my semen into a beaker. They said my motility wasn’t great. 3 weeks later my partner confirmed one of her eggs was fertilised therefore in 9 months time a child would slither out of her vagina.
We should go out for that smb Chinese to wet the bairns head

When I studied psychology I learned that most abusers were victims of abuse themselves. Phycological, physical and sexual, it was normalised in their lives.

Luckily I didn't suffer any of these.

The one I did suffer from was a type of neglect that you see so often today. Ignoring kids and letting them entertain themselves.

Emotional neglect.

My dad wasn't the greatest, his early years he was a typical working clubs selfish dad.
Work, club, bookies 6 days a week.

It wasn't until his later years he reflected on how bad a dad he was offering us money and certain family members took advantage of this.

I'm sitting in a bar now with my 3 boys, (men, 35, 33 and 30) with my granddaughter and daughter in law, they come first, I enjoy my time with them.

I think I'm a better dad than my dad and hopefully my son's see this and are better dads than me.
You're a cracking fatha from what I've seen, marra. Even if one of them talks too much when you're trying to watch the match. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back