Finding out your going to be a Dad.

We didn’t want any kids at first. Then as the years went by we decided we did but it looked like we had left it too late. Month after month of negative pregnancy test kits then all of a sudden a positive one. Loads of complications in her pregnancy ( I’m convinced that scans cause nowt but unnecessary worry) with the result that the bairn came along 3 weeks early at a tiddly 4 pound. We had nowt ready, no cot pram etc, so when she got home a week later she slept in a borrowed travel cot.
I was 42 and the wife was 37.

We didn’t want any kids at first. Then as the years went by we decided we did but it looked like we had left it too late. Month after month of negative pregnancy test kits then all of a sudden a positive one. Loads of complications in her pregnancy ( I’m convinced that scans cause nowt but unnecessary worry) with the result that the bairn came along 3 weeks early at a tiddly 4 pound. We had nowt ready, no cot pram etc, so when she got home a week later she slept in a borrowed travel cot.
I was 42 and the wife was 37.

Aww I bet she’s a proper daddy’s girl 👍

Was planned but happened very quickly, so I was still a bit shocked.

Nothing prepares you for the birth or being a parent like. Other parents try to tell you but it just doesn't register until it happens to you.

We’d being trying for a while and had lost a girl to miscarriage, so it was a mixture of elation and nervousness l.

All went well though and he’s a smashing lad, love being a dad me.

Best job in the world although I hear Grandad has all the same perks but you get to hand them back.

Was 21 years ago and I remember just been in shock and was just fuzzy for about a week. It's a fantastic feeling and they do say treasure the moments when they are young as within a blink of a eye they are all grown up and making their own mem!

Absolute shock

Had been up on it all weekend :lol: And was constantly out on the drink back then

But it massively settled me down and had another. Wouldnt change it for the world

It started when she said shall we try and I said yes. We started banging on some schedule she had put together. She then sent me a picture of two blue lines. My response was that's great. She was surprised I wasn't overwhelmed. It's literally the thing we've been planning for. How is this a surprise.

I was wearing a blob she was on the pill but I still have the forums most super spunk imo there mate because it got her up the duff iirc there
It started when she said shall we try and I said yes. We started banging on some schedule she had put together. She then sent me a picture of two blue lines. My response was that's great. She was surprised I wasn't overwhelmed. It's literally the thing we've been planning for. How is this a surprise.
she's a looper no offence though there mate

I was wearing a blob she was on the pill but I still have the forums most super spunk imo there mate because it got her up the duff iirc there

she's a looper no offence though there mate
None of that post was regarding my wife my little pet. It was about my reaction to the news. I do understand you are simple though so you can have that one.

Back