Finding out your going to be a Dad.

Utter shock and disbelief. I couldn’t be excited until my lass took further tests. I don’t think it really sank in until we seen an early scan as my lass was admitted to hospital. I was bouncing round the house seeing it.

Utter shock and disbelief. I couldn’t be excited until my lass took further tests. I don’t think it really sank in until we seen an early scan as my lass was admitted to hospital. I was bouncing round the house seeing it.
Had you been trying for a while to conceive a child mate ?

My eldest I was 21 and I was shocked but over the moon

With my youngest

Finding out was awful for me as we had tried and lost 6 before hand, we never tried for my lad (now 5) and the wife fell pregnant. Once again the heavy bleeding started and we thought here we go again.

Went up to the hospital found a heartbeat despite all the bleeding there was a tiny sign of life. Problems all through it then my youngest was born

Was a rough year but one of the best in my life!

Last edited:
My eldest I was 21 and I was shocked but over the moon

Finding out was awful for me as we had tried and lost 6 before hand, we never tried for my lad (now 5) and the wife fell pregnant. Once again the heavy bleeding started and we thought here we go again.

Went up to the hospital found a heartbeat despite all the bleeding there was a tiny sign of life. Problems all through it then my youngest was born

Was a rough year but one of the best in my life!

Never knew that mate❤️

Utter shock Not the best response but after 5 minutes talking about it I said I have to gan for a walk and popped to the pub for 2 pints. Ended up with a beautiful Daughter (The first girl in 2 generations of our family) and she's now 21 and my best friend and partner in crime. Best thing to ever happen to me. She is the most funny caring protective lass you could ever imagine and is she has had my back in some serious situations where she would do anything to make sure I was ok (I don't mean as in fighting just for the record but I wouldn't put that past her either) She's basically a mini me but funnier in my opinion and we always just laugh our heads off together.

I think I was a bit stunned and then happily thought well ok.

My main memory was finding out it is not like on TV where you have to wait 5 minutes and lines gradually appear. It was a Saturday morning, we had been trying for only a few weeks, my wife was a couple of days late so off she went to do a test. Rather than hang about waiting, I went downstairs and did something on my computer (probably checked the football news on here). She came down a minute or two later, said "I thought you would wait to see, but look".

We had that wow moment, a bit of a kiss and a cuddle then there was not much to do, so I went and cut the grass.

Not knowing what to do next, we went to the doctors. He was a lovely old bloke heading for retirement and was really happy. He said "No, you didn't need an appointment, we don't do checks other than a standard test so congratulations. None of my patients ever tell me, I always find out later so thank you." He was over the moon, shook my hand etc.

My sister had announced she was expecting just a couple of weeks before, so it was a time of real excitement in the family.

Back