Finals Day 2021. 18th September

Squeezing squads is one thing - though the 50 over was the main victim there, closely followed by the Championship.

But one thing I noticed about the Hundred was that the quality of cricket was way worse than the Blast ever was, it was smash - swish - catch on repeat without any subtlety.

T20 used to be a very tactical game, with all the fireworks but also sensible patient judicious batting (and fielding/bowling) was rewarded. I watched the Hundred and there was none of that any more - just trying to smash sixes which I found far less satisfying as a viewer. Post Hundred, it feels like Blast is going that way too, led by the precocious youngsters.

I hope I'm wrong and it's just a few kids losing their heads.

These two in now have old heads on them and are playing far better cricket.
Sublime six from Abell. Shot of the day so far
So it’s all changed after just 14 games in the hundred?

Tbf mate it’s far to early to come to that conclusion

I think you right it’s young kids not handling the pressure.

Last edited:

SFs
Hampshire v Somerset 11am
Kent v Sussex 2.30pm

Final 7pm

Anyone else going down to this? Much as I love Test cricket and the CC, this is my favourite day of the season. County cricket’s big day out. Deserves far more live coverage outside the Sky paywall.

Difficult to make any predictions, all look pretty evenly matched in this often unpredictable format. Possibly Sussex with their fast bowling stocks? Rashid Khan is a big loss mind. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him live. f***ing IPL
I'm here. Great day so far!

Back