Finals Day 2021. 18th September

Silly Point

Winger
SFs
Hampshire v Somerset 11am
Kent v Sussex 2.30pm

Final 7pm

Anyone else going down to this? Much as I love Test cricket and the CC, this is my favourite day of the season. County cricket’s big day out. Deserves far more live coverage outside the Sky paywall.

Difficult to make any predictions, all look pretty evenly matched in this often unpredictable format. Possibly Sussex with their fast bowling stocks? Rashid Khan is a big loss mind. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him live. f***ing IPL

Last edited:

In terms of preference -

Sussex
Somerset
K*nt
Hampshire.

Hope you have a top day mate!
Cheers mate. Always a cracking weekend. Curry to start off with when we get down there on Friday night, cricket all day on the Saturday, then drinks afterwards until we’re ready to pack in!

Fancy Somerset had a bet on them before the quarter finals.

Always seem to do really well but more often than not fall at the last hurdle.

Would be nice to see them win it
Thankfully I’ll be at Edgbaston rather than Hull’s latest attempt to score a f***ing goal.

Hoping Somerset do it personally. Anyone but Hampshire really
Have a great day mate😀😀

All 4 squads have been named no wonder next year's finals day is mid summer none have got their T20 overseas available.

Kent's batting looks strong bowling a bit iffy and Vica Versa for Sussex very strong Seam bowling but batting looks a bit light.
Somerset look good but batsmen out if form and Hampshire look a bit lightweight for finals day especially if Abbott is half fit.

SFs
Hampshire v Somerset 11am
Kent v Sussex 2.30pm

Final 7pm

Anyone else going down to this? Much as I love Test cricket and the CC, this is my favourite day of the season. County cricket’s big day out. Deserves far more live coverage outside the Sky paywall.

Difficult to make any predictions, all look pretty evenly matched in this often unpredictable format. Possibly Sussex with their fast bowling stocks? Rashid Khan is a big loss mind. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him live. f***ing IPL
Yep I'm going! Not been before and have been looking forward to this for 2 years now or whenever I booked the tickets for the 2020 final :lol:

I think Sussex will beat Somerset in the final but we'll see. I'm not really keen on any of the teams but our of them I'd probably be supporting Somerset just about.

Not sure what to think of the weather... Predicted dry all week and then today have noticed the BBC starting to predict some afternoon rain, hope it stays away.

Enjoy mate, and anyone else going/watching on TV!

Yep I'm going! Not been before and have been looking forward to this for 2 years now or whenever I booked the tickets for the 2020 final :lol:

I think Sussex will beat Somerset in the final but we'll see. I'm not really keen on any of the teams but our of them I'd probably be supporting Somerset just about.

Not sure what to think of the weather... Predicted dry all week and then today have noticed the BBC starting to predict some afternoon rain, hope it stays away.

Enjoy mate, and anyone else going/watching on TV!
I'm with you on not being keen on any of the sides mind.

Somerset - cheats, and always act like wankers against us
Hampshire - less said
K*nt - no Surrey man would back them!

I don't have anything against Sussex CCC, other than the fact it's where Brighton is, so they're the lesser evil for me :lol:

I'm with you on not being keen on any of the sides mind.

Somerset - cheats, and always act like wankers against us
Hampshire - less said
K*nt - no Surrey man would back them!

I don't have anything against Sussex CCC, other than the fact it's where Brighton is, so they're the lesser evil for me :lol:

So torrential rain for the entire weekend is the best outcome for you :lol:

The quality here is depressingly poor. Maybe it's because Somerset are playing a youth team, and maybe the Hundred is to blame for that. But these kids have no clue how to last 5 overs let alone 20 (let alone 50, let alone 4 days, let alone 5 days). Braindead dismissals, other then the LBW just now
Abell is a good batsman (potential international player despite his age IMHO) and is farming the strike well and settling in down but has been left with far too much to do by his mates. Hampshire playing this perfectly.

Last edited:
The quality here is depressingly poor. Maybe it's because Somerset are playing a youth team, and maybe the Hundred is to blame for that. But these kids have no clue how to last 5 overs let alone 20 (let alone 50, let alone 4 days, let alone 5 days). Braindead dismissals, other then the LBW just now
Abell is a good batsman (potential international player despite his age IMHO) and is farming the strike well and settling in down but has been left with far too much to do by his mates. Hampshire playing this perfectly.
The hundred may get the blame for a lot of things, but no idea how it can get blamed for this.

It simply down to some players bottling the pressure on the big stage, will not be the first or the last.

The hundred may get the blame for a lot of things, but no idea how it can get blamed for this.

It simply down to some players bottling the pressure on the big stage, will not be the first or the last.
Squeezing squads is one thing - though the 50 over was the main victim there, closely followed by the Championship.

But one thing I noticed about the Hundred was that the quality of cricket was way worse than the Blast ever was, it was smash - swish - catch on repeat without any subtlety.

T20 used to be a very tactical game, with all the fireworks but also sensible patient judicious batting (and fielding/bowling) was rewarded. I watched the Hundred and there was none of that any more - just trying to smash sixes which I found far less satisfying as a viewer. Post Hundred, it feels like Blast is going that way too, led by the precocious youngsters.

I hope I'm wrong and it's just a few kids losing their heads.

These two in now have old heads on them and are playing far better cricket.
Sublime six from Abell. Shot of the day so far

Last edited:

Back